Designation/Position- Data Scientist job
IUCAA), Pune, Maharashtra, invites applications for Data Scientist job from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) Pune is the PI institute of SUIT. The SUIT payload data will be sent to IUCAA from the mission directorate for calibration and processing. Moreover, IUCAA will be responsible for preparing observation plans for the SUIT payload, closely connecting with the time allocation committee.
Research/Job Area- Physics
Location- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune, Maharashtra
- Ph.D. in observational solar physics or astronomy and astrophysics or other related areas
- Programming using Python, IDL, C, and C++
- Familiarity with management of large scientific data will be an added advantage
- Publications in reputed journals of astronomy and astrophysics
The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) is hiring a SUIT Payload Data Scientist (SPDS) to work on the Solar Ultraviolet Imaging Telescope (SUIT) payload of the Aditya-L1 mission of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). The mission is scheduled to be launched in the first half of 2023 and the primary science goals of SUIT are to study the dynamic coupling of the magnetized solar atmosphere and energetics of solar flares and measure and monitor the spatially resolved solar spectral irradiance in the near ultraviolet wavelength range.
Designation: SUIT Payload Data Scientist (SPDS)
Research Area: Solar physics and astronomy
- Seamless working of the data pipeline and updates as and when required
- Overall stewardship of the Payload Operation Centre (POC) in coordination with the Principal Investigator
- Defining the observation plan in coordination with the Principal Investigator and the Time Allocation Committee
- Data management and transfer of processed data to ISRO
- Studying various phenomena in the solar atmosphere – aiming to establish the dynamic coupling in the magnetised solar atmosphere
How to Apply-
- Interested candidates should send (by email) their CV including a list of publications and a brief write-up (< 1 page) about the expertise relevant to the job and research plans using Aditya-L1 data (<2 pages) to Prof Durgesh Tripathi ([email protected]) by 31/01/2023.
- The applicant should also arrange for three letter of references sent directly at the above email address.