Designation/Position- Wellington Doctoral Scholarships
University of Wellington, New Zealand invites application for Doctoral Scholarships for eligible and interested candidates
About- Wellington Doctoral Scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to all PhD applicants.
To encourage postgraduate research Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline. Read the scholarship ranking criteria to see how scholarship applications are assessed.
There are limited numbers of scholarships available each round, and you may be offered admission without a scholarship. It is therefore important that you investigate alternative funding options.
Research/Job Area- PhD
Location- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- These scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand.
- who intend to enrol full time for a Doctorate (PhD) or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University of Wellington.
- It is very important to refer to the website for regulations and further process requirements regarding an application for this scholarship.
- If you intend to study half-time, you are not eligible to apply for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship.
- Victoria University of Wellington academic staff are not able to hold a Victoria University of Wellington scholarship.
- If you hold a full Victoria University of Wellington scholarship, you are limited to a maximum of 600 hours of employment per year, preferably in an area related to your research.
To encourage postgraduate research Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline. All offers of Wellington Doctoral Scholarships consist of a $27,500 per annum stipend plus domestic tuition fees for up to three years.
The scholarships are offered to the top ranked candidates in any Doctoral admission and scholarship application round throughout the year. To be considered for the Scholarship the applicant must have a strong academic record and excellent academic references,
- demonstrated potential for high quality research; or
- a record of publication in high quality journals commensurate with experience and education.
Other considerations may be taken into account such as the alignment between the applicant’s research interests and those of the School, Institute or Centre . Strategic interests including collaboration between institutions or research involving potential joint initiatives with the research and business communities may also be factors in determining offers of scholarship.
Applicants other than those who have completed all of their study at Victoria University of Wellington must include a copy of their academic record from other institutions with the application form.
Currently the closing dates are 1 March, 1 July and 1 November. All applicants for the scholarship will be notified by email of the outcome within six weeks of the closing date for applications.
Scholarship Level: Doctoral
Tenure: Scholarships will normally be tenable for three years. For a student who has already been enrolled for a Doctorate at Victoria University of Wellington for more than three months at the time when the offer of a Scholarship is made, the maximum length of tenure of the Scholarship will be reduced at the discretion of the Victoria University Research Scholarships Committee.
Number offered: Approximately 110 per year.
Value: $27,500 stipend annually plus tuition fees. Conditions apply. See ‘Regulations’ for deta
How to Apply-
Applicants must read the full Doctoral Scholarship Regulations before submitting their application.
Prospective Ph.D. candidates do not need to submit a separate application for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship—the application is part of your overall Ph.D. admission application.
If you received an Offer of Place without a scholarship, you might reapply for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship by applying online. You will need to provide additional supporting information. Existing Ph.D. candidates may also apply or reapply using the same process.
Last Date for Apply– Open Position
Closing Date(s): Three rounds each year closing 1 March, 1 July and 1 November.
PhD Positions in Chile | Universidad Tecnológica Metropolitana: UTEM