ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships (ETH Fellows) – Switzerland
Designation/Position- ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships
ETH Zurich, Switzerland invites applications for ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme supports incoming postdoctoral researchers at ETH Zurich. The program is intended to foster young researchers who have already demonstrated scientific excellence in the early stages of their careers. ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships
Research/Job Area- All available research areas in ETH Zurich
Location- ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- At the time of the submission deadline, applicants must hold a doctorate (Ph.D.) or will complete their doctorate within the next six months.
- Applicants with a doctorate (Ph.D.) must have obtained it two years before the submission deadline. The decisive date is the date of the examination or viva voce.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their doctorate must submit a certification of the planned date of their defense signed by the advisor or department chair. The examination or viva voce must have been completed by the time the fellowship is started.
- Applicants need to have at least one scientific publication in a peer-reviewed journal or have been awarded a prize for their doctoral thesis.
The duration of an ETH Fellowship is two years and cannot be prolonged.
The fellowship covers the fellow’s salary (100%, based on ETH standards). As of 2020, the following rates apply:
|Year||Gross salary||Total rates|
|1||kCHF 88.6||kCHF 101.9|
|2||kCHF 93.05||kCHF 107.0|
|Total||kCHF 181.65||kCHF 208.9|
The fellowship is competitive with only a limited number of fellowships available each year. The success rate was 25-30% in the last rounds.
How to Apply-
- Applications must be made jointly by the candidate and the potential host, who must be an ETH Zurich professor and willing to act as the mentor of the fellow.
- There must be convincing synergies between the host (group) and the ETH fellow.
- The fellowships are intended as early support towards academic independence. Hence priority will be given to applicants who propose their projects.
- Thus, it is important that applicants come up with their ideas and draft the application themselves and that the applicant and mentor have not closely collaborated before the fellowship.
- Applications should be submitted electronically using the dedicated online system.
- The documents to be attached are listed in the submission instructions (PDF, 414 KB).
For Contact- For further information on the ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowship program, please contact email@example.com.
Last Date for Apply– 01 September 2022
The submission deadlines are 1 March and 1 September each year. The interview dates are tied to the deadlines as indicated below.
The submission deadlines are 1 March and 1 September each year. The interview dates are tied to the deadlines as indicated below and will be conducted via video call.
|1 March 2022, 17:00 Swiss local time||17 May, 18 May, 19 May 2022|
|1 September 2022, 17:00 Swiss local time||8 Nov, 9 Nov, 10 Nov 2022|
Within two months after the deadline, the candidates will be informed whether they are invited to an interview. The final funding decisions are communicated about four months after the submission deadline.