Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships in USA
Designation/Position- Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships
United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) invites application for Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities. Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to 24 months. Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships
Research/Job Area- All available research area
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship fields include, but not limited to, Energy Studies, Earth Sciences, Geology, Environmental Sciences, Renewable Energy, Smart Cities, Agriculture, Public Policy, Environmental Engineering, and Disaster Resilient Infrastructure.
Location- US institutions
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or D.M. degree within the past four years. S/he must have obtained a Ph.D. or D.M. degree between July 17, 2019 and July 16, 2023. The applicants are required to upload his/her Ph.D. or D.M. degree certificate/provisional Ph.D. or D.M. certificate on the online application;
- Applicants must have a publication in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. S/he must upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) on the online application (not exceeding 30 pages); and
- If applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. Candidates working under government-funded projects are also required to get endorsement from their affiliating institutions in India.
The selected candidate will be affiliated to one U.S. host institution.
USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to identify institutions with which they wish to be affiliated, and to correspond, in advance, with potential host institutions. If the applicant has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, it should be included as a part of the online application. The letter of invitation should indicate the duration of visit, preferably with dates.
These fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel between India and the U.S., a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance.
Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 per cent of the grant period.
How to Apply-
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2024
- Please carefully review the Application Instructions before starting your online application.
- Please refer to the Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete and upload the Letter of Support from Home Institution on your online application (if applicable).
- For any queries contact: email@example.com
Last Date for Apply– 17 July 2023, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
Timeline and Placement Process
|July 17, 2023||Application deadline|
|Early September 2023||Experts review applications|
|End September 2023||USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome|
|Early November 2023||Interviews of short-listed candidates|
|November 2023||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees.|
|December 2023||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|March/April 2024||USIEF notifies the finalists about the FFSB approval|
|May/June 2024||Pre-Departure Orientation|
|August/September 2024||Program begins|