Designation/Position- Internship opportunity
University of South California, US invite application for internship program from Indian graduates and postgraduate students.
About- The Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California (USC) and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have partnered to support the IUSSTF-Viterbi Program. This program will provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake a research internship at the Viterbi School of Engineering in summer 2019 for a period of 8 weeks.
Research/Job Area- Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences and Computational Sciences and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Location- University of South California, US
- Indian students currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree at recognized institutions of higher education in India.
- Open to students of Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences and Computational Sciences and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Job/Position Description- The IUSSTF-Viterbi Program Is envisaged to :
- Provide an opportunity to the best and brightest Indian students to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in the Viterbi School.
- Promote research and capacity building in frontline areas of engineering and technology.
- Encourage outstanding students to take up research as a career.
- Pave the way for the next generation engineers from India to interact with American peers, thus help building long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
How to Apply-
Online Form Submission
Step 1 Sign in through the Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs.(Use the link given on the top right hand corner of the webpage).
Step 2 Verify your account using the link sent to your registered email id. Please check your spam/junk folders in case the mails are not received in your inbox from email@example.com
Step 3 Login to the Online Portal with the registered Email Id. Please remember your user id and password for future references
Step 4 Click “Apply for – Start Application”
Step 5 Fill in the required details in the form,
Step 6 You may preserve the entered information using the Save button given at the bottom of the form.
Step 7 You may retrieve the saved information using your login credentials and submit the form upon completion.
Step 8 You may download the PDF of your completed application after submission. All online applications will receive an automatic email verifying receipt of your application. The PDF format of the application can also be downloaded using the link sent to your registered email id after submission. Please note your Application ID for future references.
Forgot Password: In case you forget your account password please click on Forgot Password?’ option on the login page. An email with the link to reset your password will be sent to your registered email ID. Please reset your password and login to your account.
Filling your applications
- The form must be completed by all applicants in English; please ensure that your respective form is complete and filled to the best of your knowledge before clicking ‘Submit’. Applicants would not be able to change or edit their forms after submission.
- A separate application form must be completed for each program for which you apply. You may choose to apply for more than one visitation program, provided that you fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Please note that fields marked with* are mandatory, please enter the necessary information in these fields
- Do not use capital letters unnecessarily to enter information in the form. Use only where required
- In the event of the applicant providing false or misleading information he/she will be asked to forfeit the internship/fellowship.
- Please enter your personal details correctly which will be used for all documentation purposes under the respective program.
- The address that you provide will be used for all correspondence. Any change of address after submission of the application needs to be communicated to the respective program officer without fail.
- In the sections “Statement of Purpose” and “Research Experience” please give as much information as possible to enable us to evaluate your application.
- All documents should be scanned and uploaded in the prescribed format.
- Supporting documents should be provided strictly according to the check – list mentioned in the application form.
- In case you do not have a passport, kindly apply for one and select ‘Applied for’ in the application form.
- The recommendations need to be on the official letter head of the referee with their ink signature and stamp (if any). If they are comfortable sharing the letters with the candidate; it can be uploaded with the application form. If not, the referees may directly e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the candidate’s name _department _institute/university clearly mentioned in the subject line, well before the submission deadline.
- One of the referees should be your teacher/tutor. In case you have completed a training/internship in any lab, a reference from your supervisor there would be preferred.
- Any supporting document emailed to email@example.com after the submission deadline will not be considered
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
12, Hailey Road, Fulbright House
New Delhi- 110 001
Phone: 91-11- 42691700
USC Viterbi School of Engineering
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
Last Date for Apply– 15 November 2018