Young Scientists Summer Program for PhD students in Austria
Designation/Position- Young Scientists Summer Program
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Austria invites application for Young Scientists Summer Program from eligible and interested candidates
About- IIASA is located in a former 18th century imperial palace of the Habsburg Monarchy in Laxenburg, Austria about 15 km from Vienna. The “Schloss Laxenburg” facility has been gratefully provided by the host country Austria to the International Scientific Community. Young Scientists Summer Program
- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- Evolution and Ecology
- Risk and Resilience
- Transitions to New Technologies
- World Population
Location- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Austria
- The program is designed for PhD students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving their PhD) working on a topic compatible with ongoing research at IIASA and a wish to explore the policy implications of their work.
- Participants will be working under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist in a unique interdisciplinary and international research environment.
- They will produce a paper (serving as first step towards a publishable journal article) and will get the opportunity to build up contacts for future collaboration within IIASA’s worldwide network.
- Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer (however, you may apply several times) and you will need to be present at the institute (i.e. no field work or working remotely) for the full duration of the program.
Job/Position Description- Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with the institute’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic, and social change.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
The following steps will guide you through the process:
- Step 1: Create a new application
This option allows you to start a new application. Until the application deadline you can create a new application, edit an existing application, and submit the completed application to the program.
- Step 2: Fill in your application
The application requires filling in a number of boxes that ask you to provide data about your research interests, CV, motivation for applying to the program, and names of two references.
- Step 3: Submit your application
When you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email and further instructions. Once the application is submitted, it cannot be changed.
Applications cannot be considered unless your reference letters have been received. We will send requests for recommendation to the referees as proposed in your application, but it is definitely worthwhile to follow up with your referees in person.
Last Date for Apply– 11 January 2020
Selection results will be announced by 12 March 2020.