IPST Postdoctoral Fellows: The Tiwary Lab at the University of Maryland (UMD) is seeking to hire between 1 to 3 IPST Postdoctoral Fellows to work on cutting-edge projects in therapeutic target and drug discovery using Artificial Intelligence (AI) combined with computational/theoretical chemistry. These projects are financially supported by various government and private sources, offering an exciting opportunity to contribute to the advancement of science and human health.
Designation: IPST Postdoctoral Fellows
Research Area: Therapeutic Target and Drug Discovery, Artificial Chemical Intelligence
Location: University of Maryland (UMD)
Eligibility/Qualification: To be eligible for these positions, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Close to defending or have defended a PhD in any subject within the last year.
- Demonstrated expertise in using/developing ML/AI, evidenced by first-author publications. Relevant research areas include generative models (e.g., diffusion models, VAEs), large language models, geometric deep learning, and deep learning model assessment (evaluation, selection, interpretability).
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas, as demonstrated through first-author publications: large-scale biomolecular simulations, protein/RNA structure prediction, protein/drug design using any approach, bioinformatics, or cheminformatics.
IPST Postdoctoral Fellows in Therapeutic Target and Drug Discovery
As an IPST Postdoctoral Fellow in the Tiwary Lab, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting computational research at the intersection of statistical mechanics, molecular simulations, bioinformatics/cheminformatics, and AI, collectively known as Artificial Chemical Intelligence.
- Working on projects related to small molecule inhibitors and therapies involving protein kinases, RNA, and T cells.
- Tackling complex scientific challenges in therapeutic design, such as predicting drug residence times, anticipating drug resistance, identifying rare receptor conformations, and discovering cryptic binding sites.
- Developing and applying new paradigms that deeply integrate theoretical/computational chemistry with AI.
- Collaborating closely with a diverse team of graduate students, postdocs, and undergraduate researchers.
- Engaging in collaboration and receiving feedback from in vitro and in vivo experimental collaborators.
This is a 1-year appointment, renewable for an additional year. Fellows will receive a competitive salary of $75,000/year, along with a UMD benefits package, $5,000/year for professional development, and access to high-performance computing resources. There are no citizenship requirements for these positions.
How to Apply: The Tiwary Lab embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply. To submit your application, please email the following documents to email@example.com:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position.
Qualified candidates who pass an initial screening will be provided with programming exercises to assess their skills.
Last Date for Apply: Positions will remain open until excellent fits are found.
Join us in this exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research at the intersection of AI and therapeutic target discovery. Shape the future of science and human health with the Tiwary Lab at UMD.