Postdoctoral Research Associate: Camden: An exciting opportunity is available within the Skeletal Biology Group at the Comparative Biomedical Sciences department. The successful candidate will collaborate with experts in cellular senescence at the RVC and University of Brighton on an innovative project titled “The role of cell senescence in the age-related dysregulation of proteostasis in tendon.” This project aims to establish the link between cell senescence and protein turnover in tendon. If you are a highly motivated researcher with a background in cell biology, this is a unique chance to contribute to cutting-edge research.
Designation: Postdoctoral Research Associate
Research Area: Cellular Senescence and Tendon Biology
Location: Camden (King’s Cross, London)
Eligibility/Qualification: To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a PhD in cell biology or a related discipline.
- Previous experience working with tendon and/or senescent cells is highly desirable.
- Strong research background in relevant areas.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact Chavaunne Thorpe (email@example.com) for an informal discussion.
Job Description: The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Utilize imaging techniques to localize senescent tendon cell populations.
- Implement cell sorting technologies to isolate these cell populations.
- Investigate the effect of modulating senescence on the synthesis and turnover of extracellular matrix proteins.
- Receive training in tendon cell biology, senescence modulation, and protein turnover measurements.
- Collaborate with a dynamic team of researchers in state-of-the-art laboratories at The Royal Veterinary College, Camden campus.
This is a fixed-term position lasting for 2 years, funded by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC).
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their applications as follows:
- Visit the RVC Careers website at RVC Careers.
- Search for Reference: CBS-0208-23.
- Follow the application instructions provided on the website.
Last Date for Apply: 23.59 hours BST on Wednesday 27 September 2023
Interview Date: Monday 09 October 2023
Join us in this exciting research opportunity and be a part of groundbreaking work in cellular senescence and tendon biology.
(Note: Salary is £38,721 to £49,521 Per Annum, including London Weighting.)
Information Box: Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Wednesday 27 September 2023 Interview Date: Monday 09 October 2023 Reference: CBS-0208-23