Postdoctoral Researcher (2 years): Umeå University is offering a unique opportunity for a Postdoctoral Researcher to join the Department of Plant Physiology as part of the Umeå Plant Science Centre (UPSC). This position, funded by the Norway spruce and Scots pine genome project, involves bioinformatics work and collaboration with leading research groups in the field.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: Conifer Genomics
Location: Umeå, Sweden
Eligibility/Qualification: To be considered for this postdoctoral position, candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Completed doctoral degree in bioinformatics, molecular biology, computational biology, plant science, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in implementing efficient high-performance cluster pipelines and job scheduling systems.
- Experience in scripting (e.g., Python, Bash) and implementing reproducible pipelines using code sharing platforms (e.g., Git).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to learn new skills and collaborate effectively.
Meriting qualifications include experience in any of the following areas: high throughput sequencing gene expression data analysis, whole genome sequence alignment, analysis of non-coding RNA and pseudogenes, repeat analysis, differential expression analysis, transcript/alternative splicing analysis, and co-expression network inference and analysis. R programming skills and experience with non-model plant species with large genomes are highly desirable.
Postdoctoral Researcher (2 years) in Conifer Genomics
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct bioinformatics analysis of epigenetics data and comparative genomics, including protein coding genes, non-coding RNAs, pseudogenes, and repetitive elements.
- Investigate the role of chromatin conformation in gene regulation and perform synteny and comparative expression analyses using RNA-Seq data.
- Utilize available project data, including Illumina RNA-Seq, PacBio Iso-Seq, Ribo-Seq, Hi-C, ATAC-Seq, and DNA methylation profiling.
- Analyze data, interpret results, and contribute to original research publications.
- Collaborate with research groups at SciLifeLab, National Bioinformatics Infrastructure Sweden (NBIS), and the Norway spruce and Scots pine genome project team.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) describing your background, relevant research achievements, links to demonstrated examples of implemented tools and code, and reasons for applying to this position.
- Certified copies of doctoral degree certificate or equivalent, or documentation specifying the expected date of obtaining a doctoral degree.
- A list of publications, including a link to your PhD thesis.
- Certified copies of grades and degree certificates.
Applications must be submitted in English or Swedish through our electronic recruitment system. Documents should be in Word or PDF format. Click the button at the bottom of the page to apply.
Last Date for Apply: 2023-09-13
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time employment for two years.
- Access according to agreement.
Contact: For further information, please contact Dr. Nathaniel Street at email@example.com or +46-(0)70-322 0136.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Information Box: Application Deadline: 2023-09-13 Registration Number: AN 2.2.1-1334-23