Designation/Position- MEXT Scholarship
Ritsumeikan University, Japan invites application for MEXT Scholarship position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship is a scholarship sponsored by the government of Japan, in which Japanese universities recommend individual applicants to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT) for scholarship. After a subsequent review of those students recommended for scholarship, awardees are selected by MEXT. The following explains procedures for students who wish to seek Ritsumeikan University admissions along with a recommendation to MEXT for scholarship.
- Master’s Degree Program
- Doctoral Degree Program (PhD)
Location- Ritsumeikan University, Japan
To apply for a Japanese Government MONBUKAGAKUSHO (MEXT) scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government. Applicants who have Japanese nationality are not eligible.
- Newly enter Japan for the purpose of study upon receipt of the scholarship.
- Have been born on or after April 2, 1984.
- Be in both good physical and mental health.
- Be able to arrive in Japan on a date designated by Ritsumeikan University in the middle of September 2019.
- Meet or exceed the academic and linguistic ability requirements established by the Monbukagakusho.
Please refer to the scholarship outline for further information about scholarship eligibility, coverage, and conditions.
Job/Position Description- Monbukagakusho scholarships are available for both degree-seeking and non-degree seeking (i.e. research only) students. Whichever you intend to apply for, please carefully read through the appropriate official university admissions application guidelines below and the FAQ before beginning to complete your application:
*Please download the documents to your computer first, then fill them in in electronic format before printing. Before printing the PDF, be sure to either delete or turn off the “Sticky Note” comment boxes on the application forms. Further reference materials may be found below.
*Do not delete or modify the formatting of the pre-existing text in the research plan WORD file.
Additional Requirements and Supporting Information
- ”Monbukagakusho” is the Japanese word for the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, which is also known by its acronym, MEXT.
- Please note that you may only receive University Recommendation for MEXT scholarship from one university.
- Please review our Researcher Database to assist with finding potential research supervisors.
- Students who need to request an individual review of their eligibility, as explained in the guidelines, should contact the International Center at BKC before the first day of the application period. Please see the contact information listed in the application guidelines.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a university in China or who have graduated from a university in China may find information on how to obtain their China Higher-education Student Information Online Verification System certificates here.
- A sample Letter of Recommendation format, including the required forms of address and writer’s title, may be found here.
- For more information about MEXT, please visit their home page: http://www.mext.go.jp/en/
- For more information about graduate programs we offer in English and Japanese, please see our admissions page: http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/admissions/
- If you wish to apply for a Japanese-taught program, please be sure to view our Japanese application guidelines and forms, follow the directions on that page, and complete your forms in Japanese, where appropriate.
How to Apply- Application Procedures and Forms for Degree-Seeking Students
- 1. Application Guidelines and Forms for Degree-Seeking Students
- 2. Field of Study and Study Program (research plan)
Application Procedures for Non-Degree Seeking Research Students
3. Notes to Keep in Mind before Posting your Application
1) Make sure that all of your application documents meet all requirements in the guidelines and the checklist before checking off each item found in the checklist.
2) In particular, your Letter of Recommendation will not be accepted if it does not meet all requirements mentioned in the guidelines.
3) Additionally, your transcripts also will not be accepted if they do not meet all requirements mentioned in the guidelines. If the form does not meet the criteria in the guidelines, please obtain additional supplemental documentation as necessary from your university, such as a detailed grade scale used be the university or a course registration record to show the year and semester when each of your courses took place before submitting your application.
4) If the rest of your documents are ready but you are waiting for the arrival or announcement of your English language test score, please send the rest of your application in advance before the deadline. Follow up by delivering your language test score as soon as it is ready.
For Contact- If you have questions about the application process, please contact the International Center at BKC: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 10 December 2018