Designation/Position- Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2018 – 19
The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) invites application for Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2018 – 19 position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), founded in 1987, comprises India’s most distinguished engineers, engineer-scientists and technologists covering the entire spectrum of engineering disciplines. The aims and objects of the Academy are to promote and advance the practice of engineering and technology, related sciences and disciplines and their applications to problems of national importance. INAE also encourages inventions, investigations, and research in pursuit of excellence in the field of “Engineering”.
Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) will award Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to outstanding engineers to recognize, encourage and support translational research by individuals to achieve excellence in engineering, innovation and technology development.
Research/Job Area- Science and Engineering
Location- The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), Gurugram, Haryana, India
Eligibility/Qualification– The nominee should have a minimum of 5 years’ service left in the parent organization.
All the nominees who had applied earlier in response to the first call for nominations for the Financial Year 2018-19 are not eligible to apply again this year, since a nominee may apply only once in a year. However, a nominee may apply again once in each subsequent Financial Year till he/she has a residual service of five years left in his/her parent organization.
- The scheme is applicable to Indian nationals working in India in various capacities of engineering profession in public funded institutions.
- The applicant should possess adequate professional qualification and hold at least a bachelor’s degree
- This applicant should have a minimum of five (5) years of service left in the parent organizationas on the date of the award.
- The applicant should not be holding any other fellowship and in the event of selection, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
Job/Position Description- Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) and Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST) had launched the INAE-SERB, DST Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship in the year 2017 to recognize, encourage and support translational research by Indian Nationals working in various capacities of engineering profession, in public funded institutions in the country.
The Fellowship amount is Rs 25,000/- per month in addition to salary being drawn. A Research Grant of Rs.15.00 lakh per annum, which can be utilized for engineering research and innovation activity including hiring of manpower, consumables, national and international travel for research purposes, chemicals, equipment, etc will also be provided. A Maximum of 10 Fellowships will be awarded per year. The duration of the Fellowship will be initially for three years, extendable by upto two more years depending on the performance and the Fellowship can be held for a maximum of 5 years.
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for three years, extendable by upto two more years depending on the performance.
- The fellowship can be held for a maximum of 5 years.
NATURE OF SUPPORT:
- The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- Research grant is Rs.15.00 lakh per annum, which can be utilized for engineering research and innovation activity including hiring of manpower, consumables, national and international travel for research purposes, chemicals, equipment, etc.
- An Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum will be provided to the host institute.
- The fellow is eligible for regular research grants through the extramural and other research schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
- The fellowship is taxable as per IT rule of Government of India.
- Commercialized or deployable technology; pilot scale or field trial worthy technology; patent (field/ sold/ commercialized) working model or prototype for demonstration and trial.
How to Apply- Nominations are accepted for the Fellowship throughout the year. In addition, two calls for nominations are announced in each Financial Year. A soft copy of the nomination is required to be forwarded to INAE through email followed by one ink signed original hard copy to be sent to INAE Office, Gurgaon through Speed Post/Courier.
- The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions/ organizations, Presidents/ fellows of National science/ engineering academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees and JC Bose awardees.
- The nominations will be accepted throughout the year.
- Selection of Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellows will be made periodically (normally twice a year) by a Search – Cum-Selection Expert Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship
Contact for More information on Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
Brig Rajan Minocha
Convener cum Member Secretary (Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship)
Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE)
6th Floor, Unit No. 604-609, SPAZE I-Tech Park,
Tower A, Sector 49, Sohna Road,
Gurgaon – 122018
Email: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– The last date for the receipt of nominations for the second call of Nominations for the Financial Year 2018-19 is 31 December 2018.