PhD Position – Drug Development: Join our dynamic team! We are offering a challenging and exciting PraeDoc position in the field of metal-based anticancer drug development. The focus of this position is the synthesis of novel anticancer drugs with enhanced tumor selectivity to minimize adverse effects and improve efficacy. This interdisciplinary project is part of the “Translational Cancer Therapy Research” cluster, conducted in collaboration with the Institute of Cancer Research at the Medical University of Vienna. For detailed information about our research, visit Group Christian Kowol.
Research Area: Metal-based Anticancer Drug Development
Location: Vienna, Austria
- MSc degree in Chemistry, preferably in organic or inorganic synthetic chemistry (or equivalent qualification).
- Experience in synthetic chemistry, particularly in the synthesis and characterization of (metal-based) anticancer compounds.
- Proficiency in NMR spectroscopy, analytical HPLC(-MS), and preparative HPLC.
- Excellent command of English.
- Team player with experience in academic teaching.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
PhD Position – Metal-based Anticancer Drug Development
- Conduct research projects in the area of metal-based anticancer drug development, focusing on the synthesis of tumor-inhibiting compounds (Pt(IV) complexes).
- Perform analytical investigations in biologically relevant media using HPLC-MS.
- Collaborate closely with experts in molecular biology and cell biology to optimize the design of potential cancer therapeutics.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their applications, including a Curriculum Vitae and a letter of motivation, to Prof. Christian Kowol via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Date for Apply: 15 December 2024.