Postdoc in Solid-State NMR: The School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology) is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to work in the division of Applied Physical Chemistry. The successful candidate will collaborate with Prof. István Furó and contribute to the study of cellulosic materials using solid-state NMR spectroscopy, scattering experiments, and molecular dynamics simulations. This position offers an opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research in an international and dynamic environment.
Research Area: Solid-State NMR of Cellulosic Materials
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in physical chemistry, material chemistry, or a related field.
- Strong experience and expertise with NMR spectroscopy, including solid-state NMR.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in experimental/instrumental skills.
- Preferred qualifications include a doctoral degree obtained within the last three years, experience with scattering experiments and molecular dynamics simulations, programming skills (e.g., Python), and awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with a specific focus on gender equality.
Job Description: The postdoctoral researcher will investigate the fundamental role of water in cellulosic materials, both in their native state (cell wall) and as processed materials, including composites. The primary research method will be solid-state NMR spectroscopy, complemented by scattering experiments and molecular dynamics simulations. The researcher will work collaboratively with other research groups within the Wallenberg Wood Science Center. Key responsibilities include conducting experiments, analyzing data, publishing research findings, and participating in collaborations. The position requires both independent work and teamwork.
|Type of Employment||Temporary position|
|Contract Type||Full time|
|First Day of Employment||According to agreement, but no later than October 1, 2023|
|Number of Positions||1|
What We Offer:
- A position at a leading technical university dedicated to sustainable development.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues in a creative, international, and dynamic working environment.
- Work in Stockholm, with close proximity to nature.
- Assistance with relocation and settling in Sweden and at KTH.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to apply through KTH’s recruitment system. Ensure that your application is complete according to the ad by following these steps:
- Log into KTH’s recruitment system.
- Submit your CV, including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Provide copies of diplomas and grades from previous university studies. If the original documents are not in English or Swedish, include translations.
- Write a brief account (max two pages) explaining your research interests, academic background, and future goals.
- Submit your complete application before the application deadline: June 6, 2023, 11:59 PM CEST (Central European Summer Time).
Last Date for Apply: June 6, 2023
About KTH: KTH Royal Institute of Technology is one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities and a key center of intellectual talent and innovation. As Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution, KTH attracts students, researchers, and faculty from around the world. The university offers a wide range of research and education programs spanning natural sciences, engineering, architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history, and philosophy.