Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Position 2020 in Sweden
Uppsala University, Sweden invites application for Postdoctoral Position 2020 in Sweden from eligible and interested candidates
About- Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 44.000 students, 7.100 employees, and a turnover of SEK 7 billion. Postdoctoral Position 2020 in Sweden
Research/Job Area- Physics and Astronomy, Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics and related area
Project Title – Ultrafast x-ray spectroscopy
Location- Uppsala University, Sweden
- To qualify for employment as a postdoctoral you must have a Ph.D. degree or a foreign degree equivalent to a Ph.D. degree.
- The Ph.D. degree must have been obtained no more than three years prior to the application deadline.
- The three year period can be extended due to circumstances such as sick leave, parental leave, duties in labor unions, etc.
- Extra attention will be paid to scientific skills. Qualifications in experimental time-resolved x-ray spectroscopy of metal complexes or molecular catalysts in solution are highly rated.
- Experience with calculations of x-ray spectra of metal complexes or molecular catalysts will be considered in addition.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is an absolute prerequisite.
Other: The application, preferably in English, shall include personal application letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of your Ph.D. degree and your grades, a copy of, or link to, your Ph.D. thesis, at least two references from academia, personal circumstances that may affect our judgment of your qualifications, a list of publications (if your work has been published), and any other documentation that you want us to consider.
Job/Position Description- The postdoctoral position is placed in the Division of Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics. The research within the division is based on experimental studies of the electronic structure using x-ray-based spectroscopy. The Division invites applications for a postdoctoral position targeting the development and application of time-resolved x-ray spectroscopy of metal complexes and molecular catalysts.
The project will be carried out in the group of Prof. Philippe Wernet, who recently joined the Division of Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics. Research will be carried out using femtosecond laser spectroscopy at Uppsala University combined with experiments at synchrotron radiation facilities and x-ray free-electron lasers.
- The research group is looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with excellent experimental skills, proven and extensive experience in x-ray spectroscopy of metal complexes or molecular catalysts, and demonstrated proficiency in calculations of x-ray spectra.
- The postdoctoral project aims to develop and apply time-resolved x-ray spectroscopy for applications to metal complexes and molecular catalysts in solution.
- Ultrashort x-ray pulses from lab-based, synchrotron radiation, and x-ray free-electron laser sources will be combined to probe the bonding and dynamics of metal complexes.
- The aim is to relate the experimental observables with the reactivity of the systems and to start building a new understanding of catalytic bond activation by metal complexes.
- This work will be performed in close collaboration with theory groups developing new tools for the description of metal-ligand bonding from first principles and with experimental groups using complementary lab-based methods.
- The fundamental knowledge acquired in this project can be used in the development of energy applications or applications in environmental science.
Salary: Individual salary.
Starting date: 15 June 2020 or as otherwise agreed.
Type of employment: Temporary position of 2 years according to central collective agreement.
How to Apply- The application must include a CV, full publication list, copies of diplomas and certificates, contact details of two references, and a personal letter including a short description of research interests. The application will be evaluated based on the following criteria: Appropriate education and work/research in related fields. Emphasis will also be placed on personal skills.
Last Date for Apply– 15 June 2020 or as otherwise agreed, UFV-PA 22020/1654