Postdoctoral Position in Plant Molecular Biology: Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Associate with outstanding molecular biology skills to investigate the molecular and biochemical mechanisms underlying chloroplast formation in plants. The research focuses on novel gene discovery and their impact on plant metabolisms and plastid development. The successful candidate will utilize molecular, biochemical, and genetic approaches, including cutting-edge technologies, to elucidate how a newly isolated gene induces ectopic chloroplast formation. The postdoc will also have the opportunity to explore related research projects in model or crop species.
|Designation:||Postdoctoral Research Associate|
|Research Area:||Plant Molecular Biology|
|Location:||Cornell University, Ithaca, New York|
|Eligibility/Qualification:||Recent PhD in plant molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field. Strong publication record and expertise in molecular biology, genetics, and biochemistry.|
- Conduct research to investigate the molecular and biochemical mechanisms underlying chloroplast formation in plants.
- Work on novel gene discovery and study their effects on plant metabolism and plastid development.
- Utilize molecular, biochemical, and genetic approaches, including advanced technologies.
- Explore additional research projects in related areas, focusing on either model or crop species.
- Collaborate with a team of researchers and contribute to ongoing research efforts.
- Publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals.
- Mentor and train graduate and undergraduate students as needed.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit the following documents to Dr. Li Li (LL37@cornell.edu):
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter describing research interests and career goals
- Contact information for three references
For more information about our research, please visit:
Last Date for Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: The initial appointment is for one year and is renewable based on satisfactory performance. Salary is competitive and commensurate with background and experience.