Postdoctoral Position: Stanford University: Join the Peay Lab at Stanford University and contribute to an exciting Department of Energy funded project focusing on climate change and the genomics of ectomycorrhizal fungi. We are seeking a dedicated postdoctoral researcher to investigate how these fungi respond to climate stress at a molecular level, particularly in the context of severe droughts in Western United States forests. This project offers opportunities for significant research contributions and career development.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: Climate Change and Genomics of Ectomycorrhizal Fungi
Location: Stanford University, USA
Ideal candidates should have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Fungal biology
- Fungal physiology
- Mycorrhizal ecology
- Global change biology
Applicants should have experience with molecular techniques, fungal culturing, mycorrhizal synthesis, or bioinformatics/statistics.
Postdoctoral Position: Climate Change and Genomics of Ectomycorrhizal Fungi
As a postdoctoral researcher in the Peay Lab, you will:
- Investigate the molecular responses of individual species of ectomycorrhizal fungi to climate stress, specifically severe droughts.
- Utilize a natural model organism, Suillus pungens, with a sequenced genome for ecological and genomic studies.
- Conduct field surveys, greenhouse experiments, and in vitro studies to identify genes, proteins, and metabolites expressed in response to drought.
- Explore the consequences of these responses for ecosystem properties, such as soil carbon storage.
- Have the opportunity to develop independent research projects within the framework of the grant.
The initial appointment is for one year, with the possibility of extension up to three years based on performance. The position includes a competitive salary and benefits, including deferment of student loans (details here). While the ideal start date is January 2024, some flexibility exists.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send the following documents as a single PDF to Kabir Peay (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Ectomycorrhizal Drought Postdoc application – [Your Name]”:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Names and contact information for three references
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Informal inquiries before application submission are welcome.
Last Date for Apply: Rolling applications; apply as soon as possible.