ELBE Postdoctoral Fellows Program: Join the Center for Systems Biology Dresden (CSBD) as an ELBE postdoctoral fellow and embark on an exciting journey in interdisciplinary research. We invite applications from passionate researchers with innovative ideas in systems biology, theoretical biophysics, computational biology, mathematics in life sciences, computer science, and machine learning, with a focus on biological systems.
Designation: ELBE Postdoctoral Fellows
Research Area: Systems Biology, Theoretical Biophysics, Computational Biology, Mathematics in Life Sciences, Computer Science, Machine Learning
Location: Center for Systems Biology Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Ideal candidates should have backgrounds in physics, computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline. We welcome individuals with a strong interest in cross-disciplinary life science research. Analytically-minded experimentalists in cell or developmental biology are also encouraged to apply.
As an ELBE postdoctoral fellow, you will:
- Develop and lead an interdisciplinary research project in collaboration with CSBD members.
- Utilize theoretical or computational approaches to study biological systems.
- Collaborate closely with experimental groups at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG) and Technische Universitat Dresden (TUD).
- Benefit from a stimulating international and cross-disciplinary research environment.
- Have access to state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure on campus.
How to Apply:
For detailed information about the application procedure and requirements, please visit our website at www.csbdresden.de/join-us/as-a-postdoc/.
Selection of ELBE fellows is based on scientific merit, with two application cycles per year. Short-listed candidates will be invited to a selection symposium on 14 November 2023, either virtually or in Dresden. Travel costs for the symposium will be covered by CSBD.
Last Date for Apply: 25 September 2023
The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage applications from disabled individuals. We are committed to increasing the number of women in scientific positions, and female applicants are particularly welcome. For information on our efforts to balance family and career, please visit www.csbdresden.de/about-us/equal-opportunities. Join us in the vibrant and collaborative research environment of Dresden, a recognized hub for international scientific excellence.