Postdoctoral Positions in Tunneling Nanotube: The Zurzolo Lab at the Pasteur Institute in Paris is offering three fully funded postdoctoral positions for research in the field of Tunneling Nanotubes (TNTs). If you are passionate about exploring cell-to-cell communication and its role in neurodegenerative diseases, this is an exciting opportunity to join groundbreaking research in TNTs.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: Tunneling Nanotubes (TNTs), cell-to-cell communication, neurodegenerative diseases
Location: Pasteur Institute, Paris
- Ph.D. in a relevant field
- Strong background in cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, mathematics, or related disciplines
- Experience in advanced imaging techniques (high-throughput electron microscopy and light microscopy)
- Previous research experience in the study of cellular communication or neurodegenerative diseases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about scientific research
Postdoctoral Positions Available in Tunneling Nanotube Research at the Pasteur Institute
The Zurzolo Lab is pioneering research to understand the formation, biophysical properties, and physiological relevance of Tunneling Nanotubes (TNTs). These membranous connections play a crucial role in the transfer of cellular material, including amyloid proteins associated with neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. The lab’s research also includes investigating the functions of TNTs during development in mouse and zebrafish models.
- Mechanisms of TNT Formation: Investigate the cellular and biophysical properties underlying TNT formation.
- TNT and Neurodegenerative Diseases: Explore the role of TNTs and lysosome/autophagy pathways in the progression of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.
- TNT Functions during Development: Study TNT functions during development using mouse and zebrafish models.
What We Offer:
- Engage in cutting-edge research using interdisciplinary approaches
- Employ various cell cultures, ex vivo tissue cultures, mouse brains, and zebrafish models
- Join a vibrant and intellectually stimulating research group
- Collaborate in a friendly and knowledge-sharing atmosphere
How to Apply: If you are enthusiastic about science and wish to contribute to our cutting-edge research, please submit the following documents as a single PDF file to chiara.zurzolo@pasteur:
- Cover Letter: Express your motivation to join the lab and your interest in the specific research project.
- Research Experience: Provide a brief description of your research experience and accomplishments.
- CV: Include your curriculum vitae detailing your academic and research background.
- References: Provide names and contact information for two references.
Last Date for Apply: Rolling applications, open until positions are filled