Postdoctoral Position in Biochemistry: The University of Bayreuth, a research-oriented university with internationally competitive and interdisciplinary profile fields, is seeking a motivated and qualified individual to fill the position of Postdoctoral Researcher in Biochemistry and Protein Engineering at the Chair of Biochemistry III – Protein Design, led by Prof. Dr. Birte Höcker.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
Research Area: Biochemistry / Protein Engineering
Location: University of Bayreuth, Germany
- PhD in biochemistry, biotechnology, structural biology, or a related field
- Experience in protein biochemistry and structural biology
- Knowledge in structure determination, enzymology, computational protein design, or directed evolution is a plus
- Strong motivation for interdisciplinary and international collaboration
Job Description: The University of Bayreuth is offering an ERC-funded postdoctoral position as part of the ArtMotor project. In this interdisciplinary project, the focus is on utilizing structural biology, protein engineering, and computational protein design to create novel protein motors. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and play a key role in advancing this cutting-edge research.
Key responsibilities include:
- Applying structural biology and protein engineering techniques
- Contributing to the construction of innovative protein motors
- Collaboration with international partners from Lund University, Sweden, and UNSW in Sydney, Australia
- Working within the well-equipped biochemistry department of the University of Bayreuth
- Enjoying the beautiful surroundings and outdoor opportunities in Bayreuth, located in northern Bavaria
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please use our online application portal at the University of Bayreuth and enter the password “PostDoc ArtMotor”. Your application should include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a publication list
- Brief description of prior research experience
- Certificates and transcripts
- Names and contact information for two references
Please note that the documents will be deleted in accordance with data protection requirements once the position has been filled.
Last Date for Apply: Application deadline is not specified; apply as soon as possible
The University of Bayreuth is committed to promoting diversity and equal opportunities for all genders. Women are strongly encouraged to apply, and applicants with children are welcomed. Additionally, the University is a member of the Best Practice Club “Familie in der Hochschule e.V.” and has successfully participated in the HRK audit “Internationalization of the University.” Candidates with severe disabilities will receive preferential consideration if equally qualified.
For additional information, please contact Prof. Dr. Birte Höcker: