Designation/Position- Research Associate Post
IIT Gandhinagar, India, invites applications for Research Associate Post at IIT from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. The Government of India has declared an Institute of National Importance. Research Associate at IIT Gandhinagar
Research/Job Area- Neuroscience / Psychology / Cognitive Science / Engineering or other allied areas
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience / Psychology / Cognitive Science / Engineering or other allied areas
- Candidates who have submitted their PhD thesis but are yet to receive their doctoral degree are also eligible to apply
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Python is essential
- Previous experience in conducting experiments in cognitive neuroscience research is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with variety of hardware and hardware/software interfacing is preferred
- Understanding of various neural signals is preferred
- Knowledge of fundamentals of neuroscience/cognitive science is essential
Applications are invited for the position of “Research Associate” (equivalent to
Postdoctoral Fellow) in the laboratory of Dr. Pratik Mutha at Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (IITGN) for a DST-CSRI funded project titled “Dissociable error-sensitive mechanisms in sensorimotor learning”.
The candidate will work on a project that aims to investigate the how different error sources contribute to the process of motor learning. This is an interdisciplinary project which requires expertise in neuroscience, psychology, computational modelling, statistics and data analysis. The work will involve behavioural experiments in humans coupled with brain stimulation (TMS, tDCS, etc.) and computational modelling.
The candidate must be comfortable in various tasks like conducting experiments on human subjects, designing and modifying experimental set-ups, data collection and analysis, writing manuscripts and reports, and must be familiar with basic cognitive neuroscience literature. Proficiency with MATLAB or Python is expected.
We provide an open, intellectual and nurturing environment with career guidance to start a career in cognitive neuroscience. The ideal candidate must be passionate about a career in research, willing to learn new ideas and skills, work well in a diverse group, an independent worker and a good communicator. Lab website – https://sites.google.com/a/iitgn.ac.in/pm/home
- DURATION: 1 year (extendable to 1 year depending on performance and availability of funds)
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
SALARY: INR per month (58,000 + 27% HRA, only if housing is unavailable in campus)
How to Apply-
- Please email the following documents as a single PDF file attachment to Prof. Pratik Mutha (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a CC to Ms. Mouli K. (email@example.com): 1) CV detailing academic record, scholarly achievements and publication record, 2) a Statement of Purpose stating your experience and long term goals, suitability for the project and potential starting date, and 3) contact details of at least 3 references.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed via email and online interviews will be conducted.