Sree Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Research Grant 2020 for a 3-Year Grant
Designation/Position- Sree Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Research Grant 2020
The Sree Padmavathi Venkateswara Foundation (SreePVF), Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India invites application for Sree Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Research Grant 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Sree Padmavathi Venkateswara Foundation (SreePVF), Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, incorporated under Section 7(2) and Rule 8 of the Government of India Companies Rule 2014, is a private Foundation which has been supporting excellence in medical education and care through a variety of methods. It has also been offering awards, donations and grants to individuals and institutions, societies and foundations, whose aims and activities are in tune with those of the Foundation.
Research/Job Area- Science and technology
- Applications for a three-year grant are invited from interested individuals and teams from not-for-profit research organizations.
- The call is for one grant in any branch of science and technology for cutting-edge “Bench to Bedside” translational projects with value to humans. Any project designed to address a focused disease-related topic with cutting-edge techniques and analysis will be eligible to apply.
- However, climate change, agricultural sciences, and ecological sciences are excluded from the ambit of this call.
- Sree PVF expects that proposals submitted under this funding initiative describe ambitious projects that lead to a substantial benefit to human health/impact in the field.
- Proposals for less than three years will not be considered.
Location- The Sree Padmavathi Venkateswara Foundation (SreePVF), Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
|Minimum Qualification:||PhD/MD/MS or Equivalent|
- Interested individuals and teams from universities, R&D institutions, medical centers and recognized non-profit research organizations in India are eligible to apply.
- The proposals can be from single institution or multi-institutional. International collaborations are also eligible, however the lead organization must be based in India. In case of international collaborations, a strong justification must be provided as to why this collaboration is essential for the execution of the project, what value the collaboration will add to the proposal and why this work cannot be carried out in India. Any regulatory approvals needed from the Indian Government for the collaboration as well as material transfer etc..need to highlighted.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for applicants is PhD/MD/MS or equivalent.
- Since there is no salary on offer, the applicants should already have secured salary and space from the Host Institution before applying.
- The Principal Investigator should preferably be below 50 years of age. However, the Committee may consider applications from Principal Investigators above 50 years, depending on the quality and novelty of the idea proposed. We encourage such applicants to write to us with their idea before submitting an application.
- Sree PVF grants are not intended to duplicate support available from other Indian Government/other sources. Where applicants already received substantial funding for their core activities/similar work, they will only be eligible if they can demonstrate that the activity for which funding is sought is additional to the work for which they had already received funding from other sources.
Recognizing that in addition to the government, Private Foundations and Trusts should also support research and technology through grants, SreePVF has constituted the Sree Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Research Grants in 2019, to award one three-year research grant (of up to Rs. 3 crores) each year, for individuals and groups engaged in “bench to bedside” translational research. SreePVF awarded one such grant in the area of biological sciences in 2019, arguably, first-of-its kind in India. A Committee of eminent scientists have been constituted to help the Foundation in reviewing the applications.
- The maximum budget is Rs 3 Crores for one grant.
Grant will be disbursed in three tranches with each tranche no more than Rs. 1.0 crore per year over three years.
- Eligible costs for funding are Capital expenditure (equipment); Manpower; Consumables; Travel (local & international travel, and local hospitality); Contingency; Overheads; Outsourcing; others, such as training & awareness; workshops; publications; review meetings, etc. based on the requirement of the project.
- SreePVF offers flexibility to the applicant in how they wish to utilize the budget as long as the requested costs commensurate with the proposed research and are strongly justified.
- However, salary for Principal Investigator is not included in the grant. The Host Institution is expected to provide salary and space for the duration of the grant period.
- The Grant will only be given to the primary Host Institution in India. Money disbursement in case of multi-institutional grants is the responsibility of the primary lead institution, which must put in place a suitable mechanism.
How to Apply-
Applications must be sent to email@example.com
For Contact- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply– 31 August 2020