Designation/Position- SERB-SURE Call for Proposals
SERB, India invites application for SERB-SURE Call for Proposals from eligible and interested candidates.
About- State University Research Excellence (SERB-SURE) is a new scheme of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) to augment the research capabilities in a structured way to create a robust R&D ecosystem in state universities and colleges by fostering collaboration for high-end research. The growth of existing research capabilities at these institutions is imperative to ensure horizontal diffusion of research excellence reaching all research students hoping to contribute to the national R&D ecosystem and promoting the enhancement of quality through SERB support.
Research/Job Area- Science, Mathematics, Engineering
- Applicants [Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-Principal Investigator(s) (Co-PI(s))] should be Indian citizens.
- PI and Co-Investigator(s) should hold PhD./M.D./M.S./M.D.S./MVSc. degree at the time of applying for the grant.To submit proposal under Quantitative Social Sciences area, The PI and Co-Investigator(s) should hold Ph.D. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, M.D. / M.S. / M.D.S. / M.V.Sc. degree or Ph.D. degree in any Social Sciences area.
- The applicant (Principal Investigator) must hold a regular academic/research position in a State University/College or Private University/College which is recognized by UGC / AICTE / PCI.
- Co-Principal Investigators (Co-PIs) must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R & D institution in India.
- The term “Regular” in the context of this scheme refers to the applicants who are appointed against the sanctioned post or in a tenure post but are likely to be renewed after the end of the tenure.
[Note: Research Associates, Postdoctoral fellows, Ad-hoc faculties, Guest Faculty, Visiting Scientist, Consultant, Project Fellows and Faculty members whose contract is renewed every year are not eligible. In respect of cases that are not mentioned above, SERB reserves the right to determine the eligibility].
- The upper age limit for PI is 50 years, with a relaxation of five years for SC/ST/OBC/ Physically challenged and women candidates.
- The number of Co-PIs should not exceed two per project. However, if one of the Co-PI is a woman, maximum number of Co-PIs is relaxed to three. Co-PI is not eligible for any research grant from the sanctioned project.
- Applicant (PI) having any ongoing or have completed any SERB project/s is not eligible to apply. PIs who have availed NPDF, TARE,SIRE,Fast Track/YSS (with PI Fellowship) and other fellowships are eligible.
- Applicant (PI) from centrally funded universities / colleges / institutes/ organization would not be considered for support under this scheme.
- Not more than 10 projects per institution per call will be supported under SURE Scheme.
SERB-SURE scheme provides research support to active researchers belonging to state universities and colleges including private universities and colleges across India to undertake research and development in frontier areas of science, engineering and quantitative social science. The scheme will seed new research opportunities at various state & private universities and colleges and will propagate scientific temper in faculty and students of these institutions.
- Mathematical Sciences (MS): Mathematical and allied areas
- Theoretical Sciences (TS): All areas of Science and Engineering (other than mathematical and allied areas)
- Quantitative Social Sciences (QSS): Quantitative Social Sciences which involves quantitative analysis using mathematical, statistical or computational techniques in the areas of Social Sciences
Nature of Support:
The total research grants not exceeding Rs. 30 lakhs plus overheads for a period of three years are provided for equipment/s, research personnel, consumables, domestic travel, contingency and other costs (analytical charges, equipment user charges, fieldwork charges, etc.).Budget under equipment head is limited to not more than Rs. 14 lakh. “Overhead” is provided to the implementing institution as per prevailing norms of SERB.
MODE & SELECTION OF APPLICATION:
- An applicant is eligible to submit only one proposal during a call.
- Any proposal technically rejected by SERB in any scheme should not be resubmitted without any substantial revision to this scheme.
- The call for applications will be notified through the website www.serbonline.in and www.serb.gov.in. The application form along with a proper research proposal highlighting the research work to be undertaken should be submitted online through the website “www.serbonline.in”.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of Expert Committees constituted by SERB.
How to Apply-
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicant(s) should first register on the online website click here to register.
- After login, the applicant is required to fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photos, Institute addresses etc.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters), Expected output, and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Research Personnel, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Other Cost, Overhead) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission
- Other relevant information about the proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB as Other Technical Document (OTD) Download Template
- The call for proposal will be notified through the websites “www.serbonline.in” and www.serb.gov.in. The proposal highlighting the research work to be undertaken should be submitted online through the website “www.serbonline.in”.
Last Date for Apply– 15 December 2023
Delighted to inform @serbonline recommended 466 proposals under SERB-SURE 2022 for funding. 315 go to Govt State univ/colleges n 151 to Private Univ n colleges. Individual PIs r being informed. Congratulations to all !! @DrJitendraSingh @IndiaDST @guptaakhilesh63 pic.twitter.com/yythk7XM30— chandra Srivari (@srivaric) May 4, 2023