Designation/Position- UGC National Award
UGC, India invites applications for UGC National Award from eligible and interested candidates
About- The purpose of the National Award to Teachers 2023 in higher educational institution is to recognise the distinctive contributions of some of the finest faculty members in the country and honor them for their dedication and hard work, which have not only improved the quality of higher education but also enriched the lives of their students. The Award seeks to recognise and honour the unique and path breaking achievements of faculty members in teaching, research, institutional service, community outreach and novelty of work in the field of higher education.
Research/Job Area- All
The award is open to all the faculty members of colleges/universities/higher educational institutions in India, satisfying the following conditions:
a) Should be a regular faculty member,
b) Should have at least five years of full-time teaching experience at the Undergraduate and/or Post-graduate level,
c) Should not be above 55 years of age as on last date of receiving application for the awards.
d) Vice-Chancellor/ Director/Principal (regular or officiating) are NOT eligible to apply.
Who can nominate ?
Nominations for the award can be made by any of the following:
1) Vice-Chancellor/Director/Principal of the same University/Institute/College,
2) A colleague or any other faculty member, including former faculty member/ Head/Dean of the same institution,
3) Self-nomination is NOT allowed.
4) One person can make only one nomination at a time,
5) A nomination is eligible for re-nomination,
6) Former Vice-Chancellor/Director/Principal may apply subject to full time current teaching assignment.
7) Members of the Search cum Screening Committees may also take suo-moto cognizance of an outstanding faculty member and may nominate.
8) Award Jury are NOT eligible to make a nomination for this award.
9) The nominator may please ensure that the nomination form is duly completed and information, as required by the Committee, is included.
10) Nominations received after the due date shall not be considered.
11) Vigilance clearance and Integrity certificate are to be mandatorily provided by the HEI as per Annexure -1 stated in scheme document.
Each awardee shall be presented with the following.
a) A medal
b) A certificate
c) Cash Prize of Rs 50,000/-
No. of Awardees: A total of Fifty Awards (25 in Category-II and 25 in Category-III) shall be conferred every year.
How to Apply-
Selection procedure for NTA-2023 will follow two-step process.
1) Preliminary Search cum Screening Committee for initial shortlisting of candidates
2) Committee of ‘Jury’ for final section of awardees from the shortlisted candidates
The ceremony is held on 5th September every year.
For more details, kindly visit National Award to Teachers portalhttps://nat.aicte-india.org/