Designation/Position- IGSTC Industrial Fellowship – 2021
Indo-German S & T Centre invites application for GSTC Industrial Fellowship – 2021 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC) was established by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Government of Germany to foster innovation through Indo-German R&D networking including industrial research partnership in PPP mode.
- Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC) was established by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to foster innovation through Indo-German R&D networking including industrial research partnership in PPP mode.
- The proposed programme aims to:Encourage and enable Indo- German collaboration between industry-academia and industry-industry linkages through outstanding researchers.
- The Fellowship is granted to work in any industrial research set up in Germany.
- The financial support will be limited to: PhD Industrial Exposure Fellowship: € 1500 per month; Post Doctoral Industrial Fellowship: $ 2500 per month.
IGSTC Industrial Fellowship – 2021
- Young researchers who have completed one year of their PhD course in Science/Engineering from India and with an age limit of 28 yrs are eligible.
- The duration of the Fellowship is up to six months.
Research/Job Area- Science and Technology
More Opportunities: Various Research Positions – 09 July 2021: Researchersjob- Updated
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The application should be submitted online using portal on IGSTC website at www.igstc.org. Submissions by other mechanisms will not be accepted.
- The applicant must define a detailed activity plan containing objective, execution strategy and expected outcome for the fellowship duration.
- In both the Fellowships, awardee will be hosted by the industry/industrial research organization for the duration of the Fellowship. Choice and acceptance from the industry/industrial research organization is the sole responsibility of the applicant. The applicant should ensure endorsement/consent letter from the host industry/organisation at the time of the application.
- The applicant having institutional affiliation shall submit NOC from the Head of the institution at the time of application.
- Applicants shall submit recommendation letter from the mentor at parent organisation.
- PDIF applicant not having affiliation with an institution may submit 2 letters of reference.
- The awardee will abide by the conduct, rules & regulations of the German host organisation and the country. IGSTC will not be responsible for violation of any Rules & Regulations by the awardee.
- IGSTC grant is only for supporting monthly fellowship, round-trip airfare, visa fees and medical/travel insurance.
- IGSTC will disburse grant to the Indian bank account of the awardee/parent institution in INR.
- The awardee shall commence his/her visit within 6 months from the date of the award letter.
- Extension in duration of Fellowship shall not be entertained.
- The awardee/host mentor must intimate IGSTC through email/letter if the awardee discontinues the Fellowship before completion of the tenure.
- Within 4 weeks of completion of the Fellowship, the awardee must submit a detailed Fellowship completion report endorsed by the host mentor in the prescribed format along with representative photos to IGSTC.
- The awardee must recognise and acknowledge IGSTC Industrial Fellowship in all online/print documents, communication, reports, publications, PhD thesis, etc. on work resulting from the Fellowship.
The proposed programme aims to:
- Encourage and enable Indo-German collaboration between industry-academia and industry-industry linkages through outstanding researchers.
- Expose researchers to industry and industrial R&D enhancing interest towards applied research.
- Create avenues for capacity building through doctoral and early career researchers in applied research through networking with industry.
Fellowships are offered at two levels:
- PhD Industrial Exposure Fellowship – Young researchers who have completed one year of their PhD course in Science/Engineering from India and with an age limit of 28 yrs are eligible. The duration of the Fellowship is up to six months.
- Post Doctoral Industrial Fellowship – Fresh PhDs in Science/Engineering with an age limit of 35 yrs (and within 2 years of completion of PhDs from Indian institutes/universities) are eligible. Talented researchers not holding a permanent position or having a career break satisfying above age and PhD criteria are also eligible. The duration of Fellowship is up to twelve months.
Applicants would need to identify the industry/industrial research organisation in Germany and have to submit consent letters from the host industry in Germany and their mentor from India.
The financial support will be limited to:
- PhD Industrial Exposure Fellowship: € 1500 per month;
- Post Doctoral Industrial Fellowship: € 2500 per month;
- Single round trip economy class airfare including visa fees and medical/travel insurance: up to € 1000.
How to Apply-
Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
IGSTC will advertise the Fellowship call once a year through IGSTC website (www.igstc.org) and other means. The prospective candidates need to apply online in the application portal along with required attachments within the deadline as mentioned in the Advertisement / Call text.
Applications will be evaluated by a Scientific Committee based on merit and compliance to the eligibility conditions. The decision of the Committee will be considered as final and binding.