Designation/Position- Research Scientist, News Feed, PhD Internship/Co-op 2018
Facebook offers research scientist, Interns on Feed Science combine research, engineering, and data science to develop models, algorithms, and tools for candidates pursuing Ph.D. in CS or related technical field.
About- Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Location- Menlo Park, CA, USA
Research/Job Area- CS or related technical field
- Pursuing Ph.D. in CS or related technical field
- Must be returning to school for at least one semester/quarter post internship
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using data science, statistics, and other quantitative approaches like machine learning.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for technical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Strong with a programming language such as C++, Java, or Python.
- Fluency with an analysis tool such as R, Matlab, or SAS
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2018
Job/Position Description- Facebook is seeking research scientists to intern with the Feed Science team. Interns on Feed Science combine research, engineering, and data science to develop models, algorithms, and tools that improve the News Feed product or improves our ability to understand the News Feed ecosystem.
- Work cross-functionally across News Feed to solve the largest problems facing the business through research, analysis, and innovation. Our researchers must demonstrate impact on Facebook’s success
- Work with the News Feed ranking teams to model and improve the ranking algorithm and develop the next generation of algorithms for ranking or content classification.
- Build tools and systems to improve our ability to use data, run experiments, or improve the News Feed product.
- Answer complex business questions by applying appropriate statistical techniques to available data, or designing and running experiments.
- Communicate findings to managers and engineers, often through succinct research summaries.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
For Contact- email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.