Designation/Position- Asst. Research Scientist, Informatics
Unilever R&D, Bangalore, India invites application for Research Scientist Position in Unilever R&D from eligible and interested candidates
About- No matter who you are, or where in the world you are, the chances are that company products are a familiar part of your daily routine.
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. company brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of company well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, chemical engineering or other physical science
Location- Unilever R&D, Bangalore
Skills / Experience / Qualifications required
Core domain knowledge in one physical science discipline would be a strong advantage -together with a passion for translating that via computational methods. Particularly experience with a variety of Informatics methods would be highly advantageous. For example:
- The ideal candidate will have a good first degree (BS or MS) or an equivalent set of domain knowledge and experience in chemistry, chemical engineering or other physical science.
- A demonstrated ability to acquire new skills, not just new data science methods but also understanding of new domains of application, and their language and descriptors.
- Familiarity with statistical modelling and machine learning methods, e.g. Linear regression, PCA, PLS, neural nets, support vector machines, gaussian processes, random forest, Bayesian inference.
- An understanding of building QSAR models.
- A familiarity with the design of experiments.
- Demonstrably good programming skills, with expertise in applied problem solving using at least two of: Java, C, C++, Perl, Matlab, Python, PilotScript or R.
- Familiarity with a data science workflow development platform (e.g. Pipeline Pilot or Knime) would be an advantage.
Personal qualities / competencies required
A passion to learn, apply new skills to meet a constantly evolving set of project goals.
Highly motivated to deliver and able to juggle across a range of different projects spanning for long term and stretch to fast response problem solving.
Enjoys working with and across multi-disciplinary project teams, often virtual teams spanning more than one geographic region.
A problem solving and creative in the use of a range of ideas to generate a new solution
Ability to communicate clearly and enthuse stakeholder. Particularly chemistry related content derived from informatics capabilities and results to a non-informatics audience.
Self-starting: ability to identify and learn new skills to meet project goals.
Precision and order: delivering quality work with results easy to trust and understand
Job/Position Description- To work within the Modelling and analytics team in our Digital R&D organisation to help provide a central capability in modelling solutions to problems spanning long-term stretch to critical priority activities for Unilever R&D. The role will apply core knowledge in chemistry / engineering to build and deliver data driven solutions through informatics methods to R&D project teams. Working as part of the team whilst under the guidance of a lead informatician, the successful candidate will be exposed to and be expected to use a wide range of modelling (mostly informatics) techniques to provide both understanding and specific solutions to their customers anywhere in R&D. They will be passionate about finding solutions and fearless in assembling these solutions to present to their customers.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply–