Designation/Position- Scientist C position Post at RRI
Raman Research Institute Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, invites applications for Scientist C position Post at RRI from eligible and interested candidates.
About- The Raman Research Institute, funded by the Government of India, is a premier institute engaged in research in basic sciences.
The Quantum Information and Computing (QuIC) lab of RRI is working on a mega project on Quantum Experiments with Satellite Technology (QuEST) in collaboration with the UR Rao Satellite Centre (URSC) of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) [http://www.rri.res.in/quic/landing_QKD.php]. The project is aimed at developing quantum communications technologies using satellites. As algorithmic breakthroughs and imminent advent of quantum computers both pose immense threats to classical key distribution based communication tools, quantum key distribution proves to be the only available means of providing information-theoretically secure avenues of secure communications, especially important in strategic sectors like banking and defence.
Research/Job Area- Physics
Location- Raman Research Institute, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Age: Not more than 36 Years as on the closing date for receiving the completed application forms online. Age relaxation may be considered for exceptional candidates with relevant research experience.
- Masters’ degree in Physical sciences in experimental quantum information or related areas along with further three years’ experience in research and development in the relevant field. Those who have done a PhD, can consider the time spent on the PhD towards the relevant work experience. Those who have submitted the thesis but are yet to complete the requirements for the award of Ph.D may also apply.
- Prior experience of working in an optics based lab environment and familiarity with practical handling of optical and opto-mechanical components.
- Knowledge of quantum information at the level of “Quantum Computation and Quantum Information” by Nielsen and Chuang [especially chapters 1, 2, 7 and 12].
The candidate should have one or more of the following skills–
- Knowledge in controlling of equipment using Labview.
- Programming knowledge in C++/ Python /Matlab/ Mathematica.
- PhD in experimental quantum information/ quantum communication based research and/or previous work experience in quantum information/ quantum communication based research work.
Applications are invited from individuals for a contract based Project Scientist C position at the Quantum Information and Computing lab, for a period of one year, with a possible extension up to four years or coterminous with the project (whichever is earlier). The yearly extension will be based on annual performance review, which will be conducted at RRI.
The candidates must possess good academic record and experimental research aptitude in Physics, especially in the areas of Quantum Physics and Optics.
RRI are currently looking for one appointment within the Quantum Information and Computing lab, Light and Matter Physics group of the Institute. The appointment is on a contractual basis. The candidates will be associated with the Quantum Information and Computing lab, LAMP Group of the Institute. The appointee will be expected to work in a team and should be willing to travel and work outdoors as may be required. The details of the required qualifications and experience are given below.
How to Apply-
- Apply with CV to: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The last date for receipt of applications is 3 October 2023. Applications received after the last date will not be considered.
- Two referral letters in support of application are required. Referral letter may be sent to email@example.com.