Designation/Position- Chemist Position
Company in Cambridgeshire are looking for a Scientist/ Chemist Position in Chemistry on Energy Storage Systems project. Chemistry PhD or alternatively can apply for this position.
Research/Job area– Chemistry or relevant field
Project Title- Energy Storage Systems
Location- Blue Marble Recruitment Limited, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
- Chemistry PhD or alternatively a degree and equivalent work experience gained in an industrial or academic environment.
- Excellent ability in synthetic organic or organometallic chemistry.
- Hands-on experience within one or more of the following areas:
- Synthesis of functional materials for OLEDs, OPD, OTFT, OTEG, or battery applications;
- Synthesis of organometallic or coordination compounds;
- Surface chemistry and / or functionalization of nanoparticles.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- A good understanding of energy storage devices and electrochemistry would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of polymers and relevant analytical techniques would be useful.
- Familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office products and chemical drawing packages would be advantageous.
Job/Position Description– The successful candidate will develop the company’s next generation of energy storage and harvesting materials by designing and synthesising new functional materials. They will work within a multidisciplinary team to maximise the performance of novel materials and devices, and contribute to developing a deep understanding of the key structure – property relationships in energy storage materials and formulations.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Strong scientific contribution to the identification and development of materials for energy storage and harvesting applications.
- Successful synthesis and characterisation of novel and existing small molecules, monomers and polymer systems.
- Formulation of functional material inks and pastes for the practical evaluation of new materials in devices.
- Establishment of the structure-property correlations in energy storage devices, leading to the identification of improved materials and device structures.
- Contribution to the generation of Intellectual Property (IP) for the company.
- Effective communication with all team members and the wider organisation to distribute results, discuss problems, and provide next-step recommendations to progress the project.
- Contribution to generating understanding of the applications space, and to identifying key experts in the field. Contribution to Open Innovation projects as required.
- Execution of simple and complex synthetic organic chemistry transformations on small to large scales, to a high standard of purity, with high-quality documentation.
- Full analytical characterization of all materials prepared, and highlighting of anomalies in the results.
- Contribution to the formulation of electrode material inks and pastes, including solvent screening and studies of the morphology and adhesion of dried electrode material deposits.
- Contribution to the fabrication and electrical testing of energy storage devices, including the analysis and interpretation of device test data.
- Proposal of novel materials and provision of recommendations to solve chemical synthetic issues.
- Creative contribution to brainstorms, studies and project meeting discussions.
- Accurate recording of all practical work to ensure that new Intellectual Property is appropriately documented. Contribution to the drafting of invention disclosures and patent drafts.
- Initiation, delivery and documentation of high-quality studies and mini projects based on sound scientific hypotheses to achieve R&D targets.
- Compilation of results in a timely and accurate manner, in the required format (for example written, verbal or formal presentation).
- Effective communication with Synthetic Chemists, Analysts, Device Physicists, and Project Leaders.
- Line management and training/coaching responsibilities as required.
Salary c£32-35k per annum, flexible for the right candidate.
How to Apply- For apply contact recruiting company
Click Here for Official Website- https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/blue-marble-recruitment-limited/p9906
Click Here to Apply- https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/chemist-energy-storage-systems-cambs/34708400?utm_source=adzunacpa&utm_medium=aggregator&utm_term=REG&utm_campaign=scientific&utm_content=adz_1000-162