Designation/Position- Senior Data Scientist
Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC), Bangalore, India invites application for Senior Data Scientist – Machine Learning from eligible candidates.
About- Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is based in Bangalore, India and is engaged in the development of advanced aerospace and aviation technologies. Senior Data Scientist
At Boeing we are already making a difference across the industry using collective machine intelligence to deliver strong, rich and safer product experience to our commercial and government customers. We are expanding and growing in all areas in the frontier of aerospace industry.
To expand our efforts, AIMS Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning team is actively pursuing the next generation of collective machine intelligent systems to innovate more products and services. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest techniques in Machine Learning (including Deep Learning, Neural network) and Natural Language Processing. We’ve already been joined by some of the best minds, and we’re looking for talented Data Scientists that have applied experience in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Robotics to join our team.
Here at Boeing, company do Data Science our own way, raising the standards on how humans interact with machines. Data Scientist is just not another Data engineer or an analyst, instead they work closely with Product managers, researchers, subject matter experts and Software Engineers to make dreams come true. We bring new ideas while working on projects such as 787 Dreamliner or create next generation missile system to defend the country or launching a space station. Company partner and collaborate with universities and technical institutes all over the world to being best minds together. At the Boeing family every day Product managers, Data scientists and Software Engineers work on challenges in machine intelligence, data mining, machine learning, and natural language processing work together with agility to build products that delight our internal and external users.
Research/Job Area- Computer science, engineering, physics, information technology, statistics, mathematics, economics, etc- Machine Learning
Location- Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC), Bangalore, India
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (computer science, engineering, physics, information technology, statistics, mathematics, economics, etc.)
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python and/or C, C++.
- Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a statistician/data analyst/data scientist/computational biologist / bio-informatician).
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Octave, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- 4+ years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician / computational biologist / bioinformatician / data scientist), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. Analytical engagements outside class work while at school can be included.
- knowledge of any cloud based platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform….etc.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
- Drive cutting edge analysis, research in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications.
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems that positively impacts people, products and services.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype models iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and generate insights to increase current revenue margins and penetrate to new business segments.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements.
- Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– Till position filled.
Click Here for Official Website-