Designation/Position- Faculty position
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit (SSCU), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, India invites application for faculty position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit was founded in November, 1976 by Bharat Ratna Professor C. N. R. Rao. The Unit has provided major thrust to diverse frontier areas of Chemistry and Inter-disciplinary research areas at the intersection of Chemistry, Physics and Biology. The Unit is a premier research center of global repute in the areas of Solid State, Materials, Physical and Theoretical Chemistry with research problems ranging from basic to applied translational research (http://sscu.iisc.ac.in/unit-research/). Apart from delivering high quality research in the above focus areas, SSCU has a prolific and unmatched publication record contributing to nearly 15% of the total Institute publications over the period 1976 till date. The h-index of SSCU is presently 130.
Research/Job Area- All areas of Solid State Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Theoretical Chemistry
Location- Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit (SSCU), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru
- Prospective candidates should have a PhD and post-doctoral experience (minimum 3 years) in any area of Chemistry, Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science or other related disciplines.
- The candidates are expected to have demonstrated the ability to develop an independent research program.
- They should exhibit potential for being one of the best groups globally in their areas of research.
- Outstanding researchers with a proven track record of research of global repute may apply to higher positions.
- The candidates are expected to contribute to the department’s teaching program at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Job/Position Description- Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit (SSCU) at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru invites applications for faculty position at the all levels but, particularly at the Assistant Professor level in all areas of Solid State Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Theoretical Chemistry. Research group is looking for faculty in materials design and synthesis, catalysis, crystallography, spectroscopy, theoretical chemistry in the domain of electronic structure of solids, statistical mechanics. Applications in interdisciplinary areas relevant to the department research interests are also welcome.
How to Apply- Interested applicants are requested to send the relevant documents as per the requirments mentioned in the IISc Bengaluru website.
Last Date for Apply– Rolling advertisement