TALENT Doctoral Programme 2019 in University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Designation/Position- TALENT Doctoral Programme 2019
University of Copenhagen, Denmark invites application forTALENT Doctoral Programme 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- TALENT is a doctoral programme co-funded by the European Union, with 74 PhD scholarships in the natural and life sciences to be awarded and completed within the next five years. The second call for applications is open and the guidelines and mandatory templates for applying are published and available on this website. TALENT Doctoral Programme 2019 in University of Copenhagen, Denmark
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 801199.
Research/Job Area- The programme is bottom-up, meaning you are free to define your own projects according to your interests, as long as they are aligned with departmental interests and there is qualified supervision on offer at one of our departments.
When applying for a scholarship, you must choose one of these programme areas for the evaluation of your application.
A unifying theme for all the research is that all departments strive towards scientific excellence as well as contributing to meet the industrial and societal challenges of our times such as climate change, sustainable and effective energy supplies, biological production, environmental challenges, food safety, lifestyle related diseases and data security.
All faculty departments are participating in this programme and the wide range of research conducted has been structured along the following 16 programme areas:
BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES AND BIOINFORMATICS
EARTH & PLANETARY SYSTEMS SCIENCES
ENVIRONMENT, CLIMATE & SUSTAINABILITY
HEALTH & GENOMICS
MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES, STATISTICS & ECONOMICS
NANO & MATERIAL SCIENCES
NATURAL SCIENCE EDUCATION
NUTRITION & SPORTS
PARTICLE PHYSICS, ASTROPHYSICS & COSMOLOGY
PLANT SCIENCES & BIOTECHNOLOGY
QUANTUM SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
RESOURCE ECONOMICS & GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT
Location- University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Eligibility/Qualification–Applicants for the TALENT programme must fulfil the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for a scholarship:
- At TALENT’s call deadline (1 April 2019), the applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity of work or studies in Denmark for more than 12 months in the past 3 years. Time spent on obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Must at the TALENT call deadline (1 April 2019) be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and must not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Must hold a relevant MSc degree at the time of applying. However, candidates, who do not hold an MSc degree, are also considered eligible if their credentials and CV equal those achieved on an MSc. This could be in the form of five years of full-time undergraduate and postgraduate education OR four years of full-time undergraduate education combined with relevant courses, fieldwork, scientific publications or conducted research.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
The deadline for the second call for applications is 1 April, 2019. Find the call here
The application must include the following enclosures (find all mandatory templates in the boxes to the right)
1. Cover/motivation letter.
2. Project description incl. ethics assessment form.
3. CV incl. publications (and the names and contact details of two referees: one should be from the master thesis supervisor (if applicable), or other senior scientist that the applicant has worked closely with).
4. Declaration of mobility.
5. Documentation of academic degrees obtained: diplomas must be in English or an officially approved translation must be included.
6. Copy of English test score sheet (for applicants with English as their second language, cf. requirement regarding English level).
For Contact- Applications must be completed and submitted via University of Copenhagen’s Job Portal before the call deadline. Applications sent via email or the like will not be considered. An applicant may only submit one application for review.
Questions must be directed to the secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Date for Apply– 1 April 2019, 16:00