Designation/Position- Associate Scientist at GVK Bio
GVK Bio, Hyderabad, India invites application for Associate Scientist at GVK Bio from eligible and interested candidates
About- GVK BIO is a global Contract Research and Development Organization (CRDO) providing scientific services to the global life sciences industry. Established in 2001, GVK BIO supports the research and development programs of our customers. Associate Scientist at GVK Bio
Research/Job Area- Organic/ MedicinalChemistry
M.Sc. (Organic/ MedicinalChemistry)
Experience:5-8 years of relevant experience/0-4 years of relevant experience Candidates with their research publications in leading journals would be preferred
- Title: Associate Scientist
- Services: Discovery Services
- Job Grade: Chemistry Services
- SBU/ Division: Synthesis
Scope of the role
This role is responsible for client projects by route designing and synthesis of molecules as per specifications, independently and/ or through supervision of a team of chemists.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Set-upand execute reactions for synthesis of target molecules:
- Understand the project requirements and deliverables from supervisor/ manager, as specified by the client.
- Understand the reaction protocol and search literature as required.
- Comprehend and discuss the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) with supervisor/ team members.
- Identify and mitigate any potential safety risk with the help of supervisor.
- Efficiently delegate work and monitor team members for effective planning, execution and delivery.
- Plan and execute reactions independently with proper reagents and equipment (glassware, stirrers, vacuum pumps etc.) maintaining specified conditions (temperature, pressure etc.), with optimum usage and minimum wastage.
- Ensure parallel execution of multiple reactions conducted both by self and the team.
- Monitor progress of the reactions by using standard methods and analytical techniques.
- Identify and execute appropriate workup and purification technique to produce an intermediate/ final compound of desired quality.
- Analyze analytical data, comprehend results and identify the issues.
- Troubleshoot as appropriate for successful execution with intimation to supervisor and guide juniors/team as required.
- Meet productivity benchmarks on number of reactions/ number of steps/ number of compounds/ quantity/ compound purity/ project timelines of self and team.
- Improve delivery efficiency and quality through project management:
- Support project manager in finalizing the estimation of the project by identifying relevant literature and proposing appropriate synthetic routes.
- Assess potential risksonthe project proposals.
- Ensure safety at work through enforcement of good laboratory practices:
- Follow safety protocols and guidelines in the labs
- Maintenance and usage of Equipment/apparatus /instruments as per SOPs.
- Guide to team members/juniors on safety protocols and ensure compliance.
- Maintain records, data integrity and IP confidentiality:
- Document reactions, research findings/ observations accurately in lab notebooks as per client requirements to ensure data integrity
- Maintain strict IP Confidentiality and adhere to all related policies
- Prepare weekly/ monthly/ final reports as required
- Identify and report non-compliance of LNB guidelines updated by junior team members
- Ensure high morale and skill development of self and team:
- Guiding a team of chemists to meet productivity/ quality targets
- Train & develop team members, regularly monitor their performance
- Improve knowledge of organic chemistry (particularly synthesis)/ Analytical techniques etc.
How to Apply-
Interested candidates can apply online. The link is given below.