Research Associate/Project Associate Position at IIT Roorkee India
Designation/Position- Research Associate/Project Associate Position
Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India invites application for Research Associate/Project Associate Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research. The Institute ranks amongst the best technological institutions in the world and has contributed to all sectors of technological development. It has also been considered a trend-setter in the area of education and research in the field of science, technology, and engineering. Research Position at IIT Roorkee
Research/Job Area- Comp. Sc./CSE/Physics/Math
Location- Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India
- Minimum Qualifications.
- Project Associate: B. Tech/M. Sc. in Comp. Sc./CS E/Physics/Math
- Research Associate: M. Tech/Ph.D). in Comp. Sc./CSE/Physics/Math
- Desirable Qualifications:
- For RA past research experience in fields related to quantum information, quantum computing, and information theory and security.
- Exceptional academic credentials including coursework in topics such as quantum computing, quantum physics and linear algebra, computer pro u ramming, information theory, information security, coding theory.
- Programming experience in Python-3 and C++ Experience in Qiskit or similar quantum computing toolkits will be a positive point.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position(s) as per the details given below for the research project under the Principal investigator (Name: Prof. Sugata Gangopadhyay), Department of Computer Science and Engineering Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Title of project: Design and Development of Quantum Computing Toolkit (Simulator, Workbench) and Capacity Buildings
Sponsor of the project: Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India
Project Associate: 1 available position
Research Associate: 1 available position
Project Associate: 35,000/ + HRA per month
Research Associate: 60,000/ + HRA per month
- Duration: 1 year
- Job description.
- Design and development of course material on quantum computing using indigenous QC toolkit.
- Design of quantum algorithms for the QC toolkit.
- Analysis and mitigation of errors in quantum algorithms using quantum error correction techniques.
How to Apply-
Candidates desiring to appear for the interview should submit their applications with the following documents to the office of Principal Investigator through email, by post or produce at the time of interview• Cover letter clearing stating the position(s) applied for.
- Application in plain paper with detailed CVs including chronological discipline of degree/certificates obtained.
- Experience including research, industrial field, and others.
- Attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate.
Last Date for Apply– 10 December 2020
Date and time for online interview: will be informed to the shortlisted candidates by December 25, 2020)