Designation/Position- DST Call for Project Proposals
Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, invites applications for DST Call for Project Proposals from eligible and interested candidates.
About- Project proposals are invited through e-PMS Portal (https://onlinedst.gov.in/) for consideration of support under the programme ‘Science and Technology for Women (STW)’, initiated in 1982, with the aim to promote gender equality and empower women with inputs of science and technology has nearly benefitted more than 50,000 women across the country. The programme supports projects related to R&D on adaptation, transfer and demonstration of appropriate technologies for women and establishment of Women Technology Parks on the identified thrust areas for Health, Nutrition, Sanitation & Hygiene; Women safety and social security; Agriculture- non-farm & farm; Artisans & Textile and Improving Livelihood Status of women as prime/target beneficiaries.
Research/Job Area- Science and Technology
Health, Nutrition, Sanitation & Hygiene
- Improvingaccess tohealthcare infrastructure for women.
- Scientific solutions/ICT-based mobile apps/tools for addressing health issues in women (viz. Post-critical illness care, Sleep apnea in high-risk pregnancy, Urinary and flatus incontinence, Mental health, post-menopausal symptoms and related).
- Web-based digital tools for nutrient management in women.
- Scientific solutions for optimal use of natural resources in improving women’s health.
Women safety and social security
- R&D on women safety and social security related issues.
- ICT Tools and other innovative technologies for women safety and education related to different stages of women’s life cycle.
- Agriculture- farm & non-farm
- Digital tools for agriculture and forecasting (viz. geo-mapping, crop planning, individual farm plans, weather, soil, pest and crop data) to facilitate women farmers in taking optimal decisions to reduce crop loss.
- Tools/technologies for mitigating occupational hazards for the women working in harsh environmental conditions and civil/construction related works.
- Labour-saving technologies & women friendly machines for farm/non-farm activities.
- Recycling of wastes and their use as animal or poultry feeds genetically improved technologies
- Advance agriculture practices for encouraging women in livelihood-centric socioeconomic development (viz. multi-storied cropping knowledge on nursery maintenance – nursery grafts of horticulture and perennial crops-, agro-forestry, silvi-pasture, Hydroponic farming System etc.).
- Livelihood-centric innovative & sustainable S&T solutions for improving quality of life of women.
- Artisans & Textile
- Drudgery reduction of traditional artisans, Digital art making and Craft designing.
- S&T interventions for improving efficiency in the working conditions of traditional artisans & textile designers (viz. 3D printing & designing, CAD tools, improved machines and tools etc.)
The aim of the STW programme is to attain local self-reliance of women for socio-economic growth. The project implementation can be done through following organizations/institutions with illustrated conditions:-
- Recognized R&D laboratories, S&T based institutions, Universities, Educational Institutions and S&T based voluntary organizations.
- Non-Governmental Organization/Voluntary/S&T based organizations/private academic institutions with minimum 3 years field level experience in S&T interventions and management should have delivered proven technology models for field level applications to community after registration. Experience in handling projects having focus on S & T with support from scientific departments of Govt. of India will be encouraged.
- S&T based voluntary organizations, registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 or a trust registered under the Indian Trusts Act 1982 or Charitable or Religious Act 1920 or under the corresponding State Act having S&T based interventions in their mandate.
- Prior to applying for project proposal grant, it is mandatory for every NGO to register first at NGO- DARPAN portal of NITI Aayog https://ngodarpan.gov.in and to get NGO Unique ID.
- NGOs/VOs Should submit Foreign contribution regulation Act (FCRA) certificate (to access international funding if any).
- The organization should have been in existence for a minimum of three years after registration and experience in handling projects having focus on S&T.
- Organization should have a physical presence in the location specified for intervention to include an office and required space/land. In case the field area is in another District/State physical presence of the Organization in the area in the form of a field office is mandatory.
- Proposed PI & Co-I should have scientific expertise and relevant qualification to implement the project in proposed area of intervention. Principal Investigator (PI)/ Co-PI
- Scientists, engineers, technologist working in IITs, NITs, Autonomous Bodies/Aided Institutions and other educational institutions/ Universities under Central/State Governments, R&D institutions, laboratories and S&T based organizations/NGOs having adequate infrastructure and project implementation experience at societal level. In case of PI from NGO/voluntary organizations, it is advisable that the proposal should be developed in collaboration with S & T institution (IITs, NITs, ICAR institutions, CSIR Labs, Universities etc.). A consent letter/MoU with S&T institution for providing technical support should also be attached along with the proposal outlining the contribution of S & T institution in project work
- To promote area specific natural resources and appropriate technologies for livelihood generation and social enterprise creation.
- To identify the predominant livelihood system for women in area and application of S&T based solutions/ tools/ technologies for improving social entrepreneurships in the project area.
- To demonstrate and transfer proven technologies and models at WTPs.
- To generate employment opportunities for women through their skill development, awareness creation and capacity building.
- To study and assess socio-economic status of women pre & post project interventions.
Duration of project support
Project proposals are being catalyzed and financially supported for 2-3 years duration. The initial 3 months in the project proposal should be focused on survey for verification of need assessment and gap identification involving community, selection of beneficiaries and stakeholder, while outputs and impact of STI on women should be measurable & indicative during each year of project.
The project support to meet the recurring and non-recurring cost will be based on the requirements to carry out proposed objectives. It includes budget for manpower (SRF, JRF, project assistant or equivalent), consumables, contingency, travel (within country), Capital assets, training, field assessment and institutional overhead etc. Manpower under project should have relevant qualifications and experience/expertise against each given post according to DST norms which should be relevant to activities proposed for two-three years.
How to Apply-
Interested candidates may submit the concept note/ full proposal of CoE within the duration of the call.
For any query/ correspondence regarding the above Call for Proposal, email to the following address: –
Dr Debapriya Dutta (HEAD & Advisor), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Anuradha Pughat (Scientist), Email: email@example.com
Science for Equity, Empowerment and Development Division (SEED) Department of Science and Technology Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi – 110 016