Designation/Position- DST Call for Proposals
Department of Science and Technology, Government of India invites application for DST Call for Proposals from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) comprise about 16.6% and 8.6%, respectively of India’s population (2011 census). The Department of Science and Technology is implementing various Schemes and Programmes for Human Capacity Building and Empowerment of SC and ST communities. There is a need to strengthen the social welfare system through the delivery of science-led solutions, the development of location-specific appropriate technologies, and the creation of social enterprises.
DST Call for Proposals
- Department of Science and Technology is implementing various Schemes and Programmes for Human Capacity Building and Empowerment of SC and ST communities.
- There is a need to strengthen the social welfare system through the delivery of science-led solutions, and the creation of social enterprises.
- The proposals would generally be evaluated based on the following criteria: Novelty, feasibility and scientific merit of proposed interventions.
- Clear articulation of methodology and the expected outputs and outcomes for the benefits of the target population.
- Clear delineation of roles and responsibilities of collaborators.
- Credibility, Track Record and Commitment of Project Team/Institute in implementing S&T based projects.
- The proposal for STI Hubs should avoid copying the objectives of the programme and should give specific objectives related to the above.
- The application must be submitted online on the DST e-PMS portal.
Research/Job Area- Science and Technology
The following organizations/institutes are eligible for receiving financial support for the establishment of STI Hubs
- Government Academic Institutions (Central and State Government), Government S&T bodies, R&D Labs etc.
- Private Academic Institutions (Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions and Government Aided Colleges recognized or regulated by UGC/AICTE/ MCI/DCI/PCI etc) – would be considered as Non-Government Organization (NGO) and shall use ‘NGO/ VO’ option during the process of online submission of proposal.
- S&T based Voluntary Organizations (NGOs) with legal status or as a society registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 or a Trust registered under the Indian Trusts Act 1982 or Charitable or Religious Act 1920 or under the corresponding State Act with
- Minimum 10 years of field level experience in technology development, dissemination, delivery and management.
- Experience in handling projects having focus on S & T with support from Scientific Departments of Government of India.
- The organization has not been blacklisted by any Central or State Government Department.
In addition, the S&T based voluntary organizations are also required to submit the following documents while submission of proposal online on the DST e-PMS portal.
- Copy of valid registration certificate/Trust Deed, Memorandum of Association, Rules and Byelaws of the society.
- Audited Statement of Accounts and Annual Activity Reports of the organization for the last 3 financial years.
- Organization’s Unique ID in NGO Darpan Portal
- Well-defined partnership/collaboration with academic institution, university, department, engineering college or a research laboratory having expertise in the proposed area of work
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION: The proposals would generally be evaluated based on the following criteria. However, the weightage of each of these criteria will vary depending upon the anticipated output, outcome and significance to the beneficiaries
- Relevance with the Call and mandate of the programme
- Relevance of the proposal with the objectives of the programme
- Demand or need of proposed interventions
- Novelty, feasibility and scientific merit of proposed interventions
- The improvement (novelty) of proposed interventions over existing alternatives
- Clear definition/identification of problem based on livelihood system analysis (vii) Clear articulation of methodology and the expected outputs and outcomes for the benefits of the target population.
- Clear delineation of roles and responsibilities of collaborators.
- Technical, Social and economic viability of proposed interventions.
- Credibility, Track Record and Commitment of Project Team/Institute in implementing S&T based projects
- To capture the weakest linkages in the predominant livelihood systems of the SC and ST Communities and improving the livelihoods through Science and Technological interventions
- To Identify the strongest aspects in the livelihood system in respect of current occupations/livelihoods of the SC and ST Communities in the target area for establishing social enterprises, local manufacturing units and startups for boosting the rural/village economy
- To harness, document, research, validate and conserve the Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS), skills and practices of different communities through inputs of Science and Technology to integrate IKS into appropriate technology, innovation and development for sustainable development practices in livelihood systems
The investigators may give specific objectives related to the above in the proposal for STI Hub and should avoid copying objectives of the programme.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Institutions/Organization receiving funds would assume financial and other administrative responsibility of the project.
- In case of multi-institutional project, the Principal Investigator (PI) must furnish formal agreement from the collaborating institutions/scientists along with separate budget for each of the implementing institutions.
- International travel is not permissible under the projects.
- Staff recruited for a project should be paid as per the norms and guidelines of the DST.
How to Apply-
The Principal Investigator should submit the project proposal online only through DST’s Electronic Project Management System (e-PMS) on portal www.onlinedst.gov.in the given format along with necessary documents. Proposal submitted by any other means will be summarily rejected. The investigators may please note the following for submission of proposal online.
- Browse onlinedst.gov.in to access the homepage of the “DST e-PMS Portal”, register, log in and submit the project proposal in prescribed format under Science Technology and Innovation (STI) Hubs for SC/ST community.
- Those who wish to submit proposals for STI Hubs for SC Population should use the Link STI Hubs for SC Community and those submitting proposals for STI Hubs for ST
Population should use the Link STI Hubs for ST Community
- Before filling up the form candidates are advised to carefully go through the call for proposals published at the DST Website (www.dst.gov.in) and also available under Proposal Formats in the e-PMS Portal after logging in the portal site.
- To save your time and avoid data loss please download the appropriate proposal format and fill all the information required as per the format as a Word and PDF file and then keep it ready for upload during submission of mandatory documents.
- Click on “Submit Proposals” link which would take you to a page seeking multiple information starting with – General information, Details of principal investigator etc. Ensure to fill all the mandatory information sought against each menu.
- After filling all the above particulars there is provision for preview your detail before final submission of application form on clicking on “Preview” button. Preview page will display all the particulars that you have mentioned. Click on “Submit” button for final submission of the proposal.
- Applicants are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the Final Submit Button. The TPN number generated after submission of proposal may be noted for future reference.
- The enclosed conflict of interest document (Annexure – V) should also be signed and submitted.
9. The submission of proposals is open to all categories and the investigators submitting proposal may not necessarily belong to SC or ST Community
10. The Last Date for Submission of Online Proposals is 30/09/2021 after which the web-link will be automatically disabled for any usage.
Note: Please ensure submission of online proposals well before the due date. Generation of T-PIN ensures successful submission of proposal online.