Designation/Position- DST Call for Proposals
Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, invites applications for DST Call for Proposals from eligible and interested candidates.
About- Department of Science and Technology (DST) funds excellent and impactful research and talent and shapes the future of INDIA by anticipating what’s next and widening engagement and collaboration.
Department of Science & Technology (DST) and India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) are pleased to launch Industry Research & Development Fellowship Programme 2022 (IRDFP) call for applications under the DST Industry-Academia Fellowship Programme. The fellowship will enhance the skills of the Fellow and will be of mutual benefit to both the industry and academic partners.
Research/Job Area- Science and Technology
(TECHNOLOGY MISSION DIVISION – Energy, Water & Others)
Support academia-industry interactions to address industry‐informed challenges with the primary goal of creating a pathway to support academic researchers in establishing careers in the industry.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be 35 years old or younger and within 3 years of completion of Ph.D. as on the last date of application submission.
- The applicant must
- have a Ph.D. degree from an approved or accredited university or institute no longer than 3 years before the deadline for submission of the application,
- be close to completion of a Ph.D. degree from an approved or accredited university or institute so that he/she will have earned the Ph.D. degree before the start date of this Fellowship.
- The applicant must have demonstrated strong research interest and record in areas related to Clean Energy with particular focus on energy storage, electric mobility, or green hydrogen technologies. The applicant’s research interest may be in science, engineering, business management, public policy, or interdisciplinary aspects of the aforementioned technology areas.
DURATION OF THE FELLOWSHIP:
Awards under this program will be awarded for a duration of 12 months.
Fellowship amount per student Rs.50,000/- per month (consolidated)
The objectives of the Industry Research & Development Fellowship Programme 2022 (IRDFP) are to:
- Encourage recent PhDs and Ph.D. students (within 3 years of completion of Ph.D.) to pursue research on industry-informed research problems relevant to India in areas related to Clean Energy with a particular focus on energy storage, electric mobility, and green hydrogen technologies.
- Foster impactful innovation by supporting research on industry-informed challenges relevant to India and exchanging knowledge and expertise between academia and industry. These challenges could be related to energy storage, zero-carbon energy, smart grids, e-mobility, renewable energy, policies in the energy sector, economics affecting the energy sector, social sciences for the energy sector or other relevant studies impacting the clean & green sector. Examples of research problems of interest include but are not limited to (not a comprehensive but only a representative list):
- Use of advanced energy storage technologies to support large-scale renewable energy integration in India’s electric grid.
- Supporting economic development in remote areas by improving clean energy access.
- Clean energy solutions for commercial and industrial customers – e.g., rooftop photovoltaics, improving power quality, etc.
- Solutions to promote electric mobility and charging infrastructure in India.
- Scaling of manufacturing of Advanced Chemistry Cells, electric vehicles, and green hydrogen technologies.
- Enhance the breadth of training of researchers and their employability.
- Facilitate increased participation in research, development and innovation by Small, Medium and Large enterprises across India.
How to Apply-
The application must be submitted in the enclosed format through ONLINE MODE ONLY (https://onlinedst.gov.in/Login.aspx). NO HARD COPY of the application should be submitted. Please note incomplete applications will lead to disqualification.
STEPS TO FOLLOW WHILE SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION:
Step 1: Visit EPMS https://onlinedst.gov.in/Login.aspx
Step 2: Either log in or complete the New PI Registration with host institute details.
Step 3: Fill in the details in the General Information tab.
Step 4: On the financial tab, choose the budget head (Recurring) and mention Rs. 50,000/- in the amount.
Step 5: Enter N/A on the PFMS tab.
Step 6: Upload your complete application form details and the documents on the Submission tab (In Word and PDF format).
Applications received without the above documents with incomplete information will not be entertained. A soft copy in PDF format is also to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th December 2022 (05:00 pm).