Designation/Position- Faculty Position (Professor of Practice)
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India invites applications for Faculty Position (Professor of Practice) from eligible and interested candidates
About- Standing tall since early decades of 20th century, the institute is steadily sailing through the millennium change and has emerged into one of the most prominent institutions- Indian Institute of Technology IIT(ISM) with full bloom functioning of 18 branches of Engineering, Applied Sciences, Management Studies and Humanities. IIT (ISM) has had centenary long credentials of outperforming achievements/contributions in academia and the industry.
Applied Geology, Applied Geophysics, Chemistry & Chemical Biology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Fuel, Minerals and Metallurgical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Studies & Industrial Engineering, Mathematics & Computing, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Physics. NVCTI / CIIE /IP Cell /Other Centers
Location- Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
About Professor/Associate Professor of Practice
Professor of Practice would be expected to enrich the experience of students by bringing deep understanding and appreciation of the best practices as applied in real world setting. These individuals would ideally provide students with a deeper understanding of the practical applications in a particular field of study. Additionally, they would help promote the integration of academic scholarship with the practical experience of professionals in a given field. They may also serve as liaisons between industry or government and the institute in identifying teaching and research opportunities that support the public interest and societal needs.
- PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE: Candidates should have reasonable (Typically 10-15) years of managerial or professional experience and should have worked in a senior management position such as CEO/CTO/Vice President/Director for a reasonable period. They should have at least a Master’s degree in Engineering/Sciences/ Humanities or a related field. Ph.D. is desirable but not essential. However, a lack of Ph.D. must be offset by demonstrated domain knowledge, obtained from deep experience in the ‘field’.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE: Depending on the years of experience (Typically 05 to less than 10 years), the person may also be offered the position of Associate Professor of Practice.
The offer would be for an initial period of three years. Based on a rigorous review, Professor / Associate Professor of Practice may also be absorbed as permanent Professor / Associate Professor of the Institute after completing three years of contract with the proviso that PhD will be essential for absorption. Alternately, the contract may also be extended for a maximum of another five years based on performance and contributions made. The concurrence of parent organization will be required for extension of the contract period. Person being appointed as Professor / Associate Professor of Practice may also be permitted to keep a lien on its position in the Industry.
The Professor / Associate Professor of Practice is expected to perform a wide range of activities including:
- Design, development and offering of new practice-oriented courses;
- Advise students in their projects linking them with appropriate external stakeholders;
- Engage in department building activities including creation of new programmes and Centers and enhancement of scope and activities of the department;
- Develop Continuing Education Programs, undertake outreach activities and conduct extension programmes;
- Encourage students in innovation and entrepreneurship projects and provide necessary mentorship for these activities; and
- Contribute to enhanced industry academia collaborations.
The Professor / Associate Professor of Practice is a contractual appointment and will be appointed on a regular scale depending on experience. The leave and other benefits will be as per Institute norms. Under the scheme, the person so appointed as PoP in the Institute may be paid 50% of his/her compensation paid in the industry.
How to Apply-
Candidate must fill out the application form in the given format and submit it by email to email@example.com. No hard copy of application is required to be sent.
https://people.iitism.ac.in/~download/dfaculty/Application–Form–PoP.pdf and send the filled application form with all supporting documents and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No need to send Hard copy.
For any clarification, please contact at the following email ID: email@example.com For Department Wise Specialization please visit the following link: