Designation/Position- Faculty Positions at JNCASR
JNCASR, Bengaluru, Karnataka invites applications for the Faculty Positions at JNCASR from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) is a premier research institution under the aegis of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, and Deemed-to-be-University. Known for interdisciplinary research, the Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities and provides excellent support to its faculty members in achieving ambitious goals of their research.
JNCASR invites applications from Indian scientists for faculty positions in any of the following frontier areas of research:
- Emerging Materials; Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing; Ultrafast Pump-Probe Spectroscopy
- Inorganic Materials Chemistry; Molecular Spectroscopy; Theoretical Chemistry
- Experimental Quantum Materials; Materials Synthesis through Artificial Intelligence
- Theory of Self-assembly and Nonequilibrium Phenomena; Data Science Techniques and Applications
- Climate Modelling, System Science, Computational Sciences, Biomechanics, Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics, Complex Fluids including Active Matter, Geodynamics
- Eco-evolutionary Epidemiology; Co-evolutionary Dynamics; Community Ecology; or Behavioral Ecology (not including social organization)
- Computational Biology; Biology of Aging; Microbiology of Host-pathogen Interactions and Immunity; Cell-Cell Interactions; Genetics and Genomic Approaches
- Mammalian Developmental Neurobiology; Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience; Neurogenetics of Human disorders
Location- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bengaluru, Karnataka
Ph.D. in the relevant areas, about 3 years of post-doctoral experience, high-quality publications, high academic credentials, demonstration of skills needed for developing an independent research program, and effective teaching.
Preference will be given to applicants whose research interests complement and provide a new dimension to the Centre’s current research and academic activities, particularly spanning more than one Unit. Selected candidates will conduct independent research and teach students in M.S, Integrated Ph.D. and Ph.D. Programs.
Age Limit: 35 years (relaxable as per GoI norms)
Especially encourage women candidates to apply. Applicants from other under-represented categories are encouraged to apply.
Name of the Post: Faculty Fellow
Number of Posts: 05
Pay Level: Level 12 plus admissible allowances (as per MHRD norms)
Short-listed candidates will be further considered based on research seminar(s), pedagogic lecture(s) and interactions with the Center’s faculty members, preferably in person.
How to Apply-
Please prepare your application package after learning about activities at JNCASR
and giving deep thought to how you would suitably fit in as a faculty member in its academic ambiance. An ideal candidate should have a non-negligible overlap of interest and complementarity with the current faculty. You are welcome to connect with the current Faculty members at the Centre to find more information about their work. Please include the following information in PDF format and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application package(word file can be downloaded https://jncasrmy.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/deanfaculty_jncasr_ac_in/EbdCuRm6S0RKrjPVU6KO8C8Baex4L
- List of publications in reverse chronological order
- PDF files of 3 most significant (not necessarily most cited) publications
- A two-page research plan
- A statement of teaching interests that details what courses you would like to teach, any prior teaching experience, and other relevant information.
- Names and email addresses of at least three referees who are familiar with your work and will be willing to write a reference letter.
For any further information related to this advertisement, please contact email@example.com with a Cc to firstname.lastname@example.org