German Chancellor Fellowship 2021 by Humboldt Foundation, Germany
Designation/Position- German Chancellor Fellowship
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany invites application for German Chancellor Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow – from Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA. The German Chancellor Fellowship offers you an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany – irrespective of your field of work. In order to apply, develop your own project idea and find the host of your choice to mentor you. Once your host has confirmed, you can apply for a fellowship. German Chancellor Fellowship
Research/Job Area- Various research area
Location- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany
- hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African or American citizenship
- work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October of the year in which the selection is made.
- want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- have good knowledge of English and/or German
This fellowship for prospective leaders brings you to Germany for one year to implement a project idea you have developed yourself. We will help you network with international future leaders here to find new answers to the global issues of our time.
- a monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 euros, 2,470 euros or 2,770 euros – depending on your training and career level
- an intensive language course before you begin your fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship,
- individual support during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for an additional German language course
- joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society,
- networking activities that enable you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organise smaller network formats with other fellows,
- a two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career
Your host institution will receive a monthly allowance for research costs of 500 euros.
The fellowship programme is under the patronage of the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. Up to 60 German Chancellor Fellowships are awarded each year – up to ten per country.
- Programme information (PDF, 71 KB)
- Information for hosts
- Information on letters of recommendation
- Fellows in portrait
How to Apply-
Before applying, you should discuss the details of your project with your chosen host.
Please submit the necessary application documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online only.
- letter of motivation: Tell us what drives you, what leadership experience you already have and what your career goals are
- project plan: Outline the project you have developed yourself and agreed with your intended host prior to applying. Why is your project of societal significance, and how will you be able to build bridges between Germany and your home country in the future?
- extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany
- two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background
The online application form contains links where the letters of recommendation and statements can be uploaded. Please forward these links to the relevant individuals as soon as possible.
Last Date for Apply– 15 October 2021
The application deadline is 15 October of every year.
The most promising candidates among all formally eligible applicants will be selected and invited to a selection meeting in their respective country of origin, where they will have the opportunity to present themselves and their project.