How to Write a Research Paper : Step-by-Step Guide | Researchersjob
Writing a research paper is a difficult task, especially for early-career researchers. Many early-career researchers think about how to make his/her research work in writing form, which is a research paper, and the final goal is to publish it.
From conceptualizing the paper to separating it into its constituent parts, lastly, to alluding to various articles, research work, outcomes, and new ideas to get your very own report moving — it is overwhelming, no doubt. What it isn’t is impossible! It needs a step by step move on how you can make your research paper a decent peruse and, more importantly, improve the chance of your paper accepted for publication. So to know How to Write a Research Paper is essential.
In this article we will include following topics-
- What is a Research Paper?
- How to start writing a research paper
- Research Paper Layout
- Start writing Research Paper
- Discussion about Research Paper main layout
- What is Research Paper?
A Research Paper extends human information by tending to a significant inquiry through a detailed investigation of information and data. It is not quite the same as an editorial or opinion essay, which essentially forestall a point of view on a theme. A decent research paper should likewise go past a basic synopsis of existing exploration and contribute new experiences through a unique research action and the introduction of novel proof.
2. How to start writing a research paper
Here we will discuss straightforward, and this article is mainly for an early-career researcher. To start writing a research paper, believe that you are a specialist in the subject and mindful of the ongoing writing on the point you have as a main priority. Consider working with a co-author, so together with your ability in that area is comprehensive and profound.
Next, read the various research papers that have been distributed on related themes, or comparative marks in associated fields, over the past a few decades, to ensure that you comprehend what has been as of now done and to ensure that there is a gap, which you can address in your current paper.
Also, read this helpful article — How to Write an Attractive Research Proposal?
3. Research Paper Layout
A Research Paper have generally following structure:
- Title Page (Paper title, the author’s name and the name of a University/Lab);
- Abstract (Summary of the paper – 250 words or less);
- Introduction (background data on the theme or a concise remark driving into the topic – up to 2 pages);
- Problem Statement
- Definition of necessary terms
- Previous Related Research Review
- Previous Research Outcomes
- Limitations and Possible Present Scope
- Significance of present work
- Manuscript Body– which can be separated in further areas, depending upon the idea of research
- Materials and Methods – It includes your used material and employed method detail.
- Results and Discussion – Include all your research results. Discuss and validate with your current outcomes or previously reported research results
- Tables and figures
4. Start writing Research Paper
When you’ve chosen what point/topic you will expound on, the following thing you should focus on is the extent of your paper or what you will include in your paper discussion. Remember, the more extensive your point is, the more troublesome it is to talk about the full detail. It is the reason you ought to build up your paper’s scope and confinements, which will give the establishment to your research paper plot.
Essentially, your layout will comprise three principal segments: the Introduction, the Body, and the Conclusion. Be that as it may, to ensure your paper is finished, counsel your teacher/friends for explicit parts they need to be remembered for your research paper. First, we talk about the principle segments of your paper and what data each should cover.
After ensuring your research layout, you can think about what essential factors you need to consider making your work more eligible for publication in High-Quality Journals.
5. Discussion about Research Paper main layout
The introduction ought to contain your work explanation or the subject of your exploration just as the reason for your investigation. You may incorporate the motivation behind why you picked that specific theme or the hugeness of your exploration paper’s subject. You may likewise state what sort of approach you’ll utilize in your article for the whole exchange of your theme. By and large, your Introduction should comprehend your examination of the significant focuses the remainder of the paper will cover and how.
Introduction (background data on the theme or a concise remark driving into the topic — up to 2 pages);
The body of your paper is the place you will introduce every one of your contentions to help your proposition proclamation. Recollect the “Rule of 3”, which expresses that you should discover three supporting assertions for each position you take. Start with a solid contention, trailed by a more grounded one, and end with the strongest argument as your last point.
Manuscript Body – which can be separated in further areas, depend upon the idea of research
- Materials and Methods — It includes your used material and employed method detail.
- Results and Discussion — Include all your research results. Discuss and validate with your current outcomes or previously reported research results.
The conclusion is the place you structure a synopsis of every one of your contentions so you can land at your last position. Clarify and emphasize why you’ve concluded with the said end.
Hope this article detailed your basic view on how to start writing a Research paper, Research paper layout, and what you should include in all particular structure. Questions and suggestions are most welcome.
Discussion related with research paper writing in our forum – How to Write a Research Paper