Designation/Position- Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship IPDF
IIT Guwahati, India invites application for Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship IPDF from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is a public technical and research university established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India. It is the sixth Indian Institute of Technology established in India. Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship IPDF
Research/Job Area- All Departments/Centres/Schools
Location- IIT Guwahati
- PhD degree holders with all along first class or equivalent in preceding degree and having consistently a good academic record
- From the PhD work, minimum 2 (Two) research publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Not completed 3 (Three) years from the date of PhD defense to IPDF application submission deadline.
- AGE LIMIT: Maximum age of the IPDF applicant should be 35 years as on the date of deadline of IPDF application submission. It may be relaxed as per GOI norm, i.e. by 5 years for women, SC/ST; 3 years for OBC(NCL) and 10 years for PWD category candidates. A person who comes under more than one category, shall be eligible for only one benefit of relaxation which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
- N-IPDF/F-IPDF: Both Indian and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for IPDF. If selected, before joining the Institute, a foreign national candidate will have to obtain required permission from the concerned authority of the Government of India.
Applications are invited for selection under Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) program at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT Guwahati) in all Departments/Centres/Schools. Both Indian (N-IPDF) and Foreign Nationals (FIPDF) are eligible to apply for IPDF. If selected, a foreign national candidate will have to obtain the required permission from the concerned authority of the Indian Government before joining the Institute.
- SELECTION PROCEDURE
The applications received against the advertisement will be shortlisted at the Departments/Centres/Schools. The selection will be based on shortlisting-cum-selection criteria set at the Department level. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by the respective Department/Centre/School.
. BENEFITS TO IPDFs
The IPDFs are eligible for the following:
- Fellowship Amount:
- 1st year per month Fellowship will be consolidated Rs. 54,000 + 18% HRA.
- An annual increment of Fellowship up to Rs.6000/- based on satisfactory performance as per the assessment report of the PAC.
- Ordinary Leave:
An IPDF is entitled to a maximum of 24 days of ordinary leave with fellowship in a year, and it can be availed on a pro-rata basis of 2.0 days per completed one month of service. The IPDF will have to apply through the mentor(s) to the concerned HoD/HAC for approval of leave. A maximum number of carried-over of un-availed ordinary leaves, from one completed year to the next year, shall be 15 (Fifteen) days.
- Special Casual Leave:
Subject to recommendations of the mentor(s) and the concerned HoD/HAC and approval by DoRD, IPDFs will be entitled to 15 (Fifteen) days of special casual Leave per every completed PDF year for participating in national/international conference(s)/workshops. Unavailed special casual leave shall not be carried over for next year.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave:
Married IPDF is eligible for 180 days of maternity leave or 15 days of paternity leave as applicable only once during the entire duration of the IPDF position.
- Permission to participate in National/International Conference with academic leave: Subject to availability of money in the allocated contingency grant for the IPDF and academic leave, as well as recommendations of the mentor(s) and the concerned HoD/HAC and approval of the DoRD, an IPDF, will be able to participate in National/International Conference.
- Accommodation: No accommodation will be provided to IPDF candidates on campus. Any possibility of on-campus accommodation in future will be intimated as and when it is available as per Institute norms.
- Medical benefits:
The IPDF will have an OPD facility of IIT Guwahati Dispensary only. His/her spouse and two children will also have access to the OPD facility of IIT Guwahati Dispensary only.
How to Apply-
- Click on the link to apply: https://iitq.ac.in/ipdf/loginCandidate.php
- In the IPDF Application Portal, the candidates will have to first fill in their details after clicking on “Register New Candidate”.
- After successful submission of details, the Candidates will be able to log in using their registered email and chosen password.
- After login, the Candidate has to first select any one specific Department/Centre/School.
- One candidate is eligible for choosing only one Department/Centre/School and can submit the application form only once.
- A prospective N-IPDF or F-IPDF candidate can apply for any Department/Centre/School based on their research interest irrespective of any specialization he or she belongs to.
- Look into the Research Areas under a choosen Department/Centre/School after registration.
- Look into the websites of the respective Department/Centre/School
- Both the National and Foreign Candidates can apply based on their research interest in any one Department/Centre/School.
- Provide at least 4 potential mentors on priority basis from the Faculty list of a chosen Department/Centre/School in the input boxes at the bottom. Then click on the “Apply” button to proceed further.
- Candidates will have to upload all the relevant academic documents along with the Statement of Research (which will appear in the next section of the application) before the final submission of the application.
- The IPDF applicants will submit their “Statement of Research” as an attachment, in line with their research interest against the chosen Department/Centre/School along with other documents.
- Candidates have the flexibility to save and edit the uploaded Relevant Files at any time until the final submission of the application.
- After clicking on “Final Submit”, the application will be submitted and no further modifications can be made.
- Candidates can view their full application after submission by logging in again to the portal.
Completed online applications in all respects received in the Research & Development section (R&D), IIT Guwahati on or before 08.10.2023 (Sunday), 5.00 PM will be considered for the selection process.