Post Doctoral Fellow in Biochemistry: The Schenck Lab at the University of Missouri, Biochemistry Department, is seeking an organized and motivated post-doctoral plant scientist. The fully funded position will utilize biochemistry, mass spectrometry, and comparative transcriptomics approaches in non-model plants to identify and characterize specialized metabolic pathways. The goal is to harness new metabolic pathways to increase crop resilience and enhance production of biologically active metabolites in synthetic biology platforms.
Designation: Post Doctoral Fellow
Research Area: Plant Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, or a related field
Location: University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Ph.D. in Plant Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, or a related field.
- Plan and perform wet-bench experiments, analyze and interpret data, and provide critical evaluation of project strategy.
- Provide project leadership, guidance, and mentoring for other lab members.
- Disseminate research findings in preprint servers, peer-reviewed journals, and scientific conferences.
How to Apply: To apply, visit https://biochem.missouri.edu/open-positions, click on “Open Positions,” and enter the Job ID: 47431. Please submit:
- A cover letter that describes past research experience and future interests within the Schenck Lab.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Names and contact information of three references.
Review of applications will begin on August 1, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled. For information, contact Dr. Craig Schenck (email@example.com).
Last Date for Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.