Postdoctoral Research Awards in National Academies, USA
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Awards
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, USA a invites application for Postdoctoral Research Awards from eligible and interested candidates
About- The NRC Research Associateship Programs (RAP) promote excellence in scientific and technological research conducted by the U.S. government through the administration of programs offering graduate, postdoctoral, and senior level research opportunities at sponsoring federal laboratories and affiliated institutions. Postdoctoral Research Awards
In the NRC Research Associateship Programs, prospective applicants select a research project or projects from among a large group of Research Opportunities available through this website. Prior to completing an application, prospective applicants should contact the Research Adviser listed with the selected Research Opportunity(ies) to assure that funding will be available if the application is recommended by NRC Research Associateship Programs panels.
Research/Job Area- Scientists and engineering
Location- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, USA
Awards are available for scientists and engineers at all stages of their career.
Applicants should hold, or anticipate receiving, an earned doctorate in science or engineering.
Degrees from universities abroad should be equivalent in training and research experience to a degree from a U.S. institution.
Many awards are open to foreign nationals as well as to U.S. citizens.
NRC Research Associates receive annual stipends ranging from $45,000 to $80,000 for recent doctoral recipients and are proportionally higher for Senior Associates.
In addition, the NRC Research Associateship Programs provide health insurance, relocation benefits, and an allowance for professional travel.
The host laboratory provides research facilities, equipment and funding for supplies to support the Associate’s research.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers competitive postdoctoral and senior research awards on behalf of U.S. federal research agencies and affiliated institutions with facilities at over 100 locations throughout the U.S. and abroad.
Awardees have the opportunity to:
- conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the sponsoring laboratory
- devote full-time effort to research and publication
- access the excellent and often unique facilities of the federal research enterprise
- collaborate with leading scientists and engineers at the sponsoring laboratories
How to Apply-
- Find Research Opportunities that match your interests by exploring www.nas.edu/rap.
- Contact prospective Research Adviser(s) to discuss your interests. Research Adviser contact information is provided on the website. Note that you can apply to up to three different laboratories during an application cycle.
- Refer to website for specific application information including deadlines and instructions on how to apply.
- Apply online. Follow application instructions carefully and ensure all supporting documents (transcripts and letters of recommendation) are submitted.
For Contact- email@example.com
Last Date for Apply–
|Online Application Opens||Application Deadline* (5 PM ET)|
|December 1||February 1|
|March 1||May 1|
|June 1||August 1|
|September 1||November 1|