Postdoctoral Researcher-Environmental: We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher in the field of Environmental and Plant Biology. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to conduct experiments, analyze data, present research results, mentor students, and collaborate with a research team. This is a full-time, term appointment for a duration of one year, with the possibility of extension based on performance and funding.
- Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher, Environmental and Plant Biology
- Department: Environmental and Plant Biology
- Location: Athens
- Employment Type: Full-time term, 12-month appointment
- Expected Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
- Pay Rate: Salary commensurate with experience and credentials
- Benefits: Medical, vision, dental, basic and supplemental life insurance, winter break closure, paid holidays, educational benefits, sick leave, vacation, retirement
- Ph.D. in Botany, Biology, or closely related field by the time of appointment
- Research experience in plant evolution, phylogenetic comparative approaches, floral morphology and evolution, and/or pollinator ecology is preferred
Job Description: The Postdoctoral Researcher will be responsible for conducting experiments, including genomic library preparation and sequencing, phylogenomics, phylogenetic comparative approaches, morphological characterization of floral traits, floral manipulation experiments with natural pollinators, and field work in the western U.S. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to attend and present work in national and international meetings and publish research results. Additionally, they will co-mentor undergraduate students and collaborate with a Ph.D. student, research associates, and the Principal Investigator.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please complete the online application and attach the following required documents when prompted:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed cover letter describing qualifications, previous research experiences, and reasons for interest in the position
- List of at least three (3) professional references with current and complete contact details, including email addresses
- One (1) publication that best represents qualifications, uploaded under the document type of “Other”
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by 11:59 pm, Eastern Standard Time on July 9, 2023.
Last Date for Apply: Applications will be accepted until midnight (Eastern Time Zone) on 09 July 2023.
For additional information about this position, please contact Julie Masterson, Employment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply and ensure they will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information.
Please visit the Ohio University Human Resources website for more information on benefits: https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits/.