Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship: The School of Computing and Augmented Intelligence (SCAI) at Arizona State University (ASU) is inviting applications for a postdoctoral scholar position in the field of augmented intelligence. This interdisciplinary role lies at the intersection of artificial intelligence and human reasoning, encompassing areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, human-computer interaction, visualization, database systems, and cybersecurity.
Designation: Postdoctoral Scholar
Research Area: Augmented Intelligence
Location: Arizona State University, Tempe Campus
- Earned doctorate in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline.
- Evidence of peer-reviewed publications in relevant fields.
- Willingness and ability to engage in transdisciplinary research across ASU.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
Job Description: As a Postdoctoral Scholar in Augmented Intelligence, your primary responsibilities include:
- Advancing research and developing a research agenda suitable for a tenure-track academic position, including publishing peer-reviewed articles and securing research funding.
- Engaging in teaching and mentoring opportunities.
- Contributing to the inclusive culture at SCAI and ASU.
- Collaborating with diverse students, colleagues, community partners, and staff.
- The selected scholars will join a cohort of 10-15 postdoctoral scholars as part of the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
- The program aims to support outstanding Ph.D. recipients with the potential for future tenure-track appointments at ASU.
- Scholars will receive individualized mentorship, career development, and community support.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2023
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online at ASU’s application portal. Candidates must create or use an existing Interfolio Dossier to submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest addressing qualifications
- Contact information for three references, including email addresses
Last Date for Apply: 15 October 2023
For inquiries, contact Ross Maciejewski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Arizona State University: ASU is a large, comprehensive research university dedicated to excellence, broad access to quality education, and societal impact. The institution values inclusion and success, interdisciplinary approaches, and innovative partnerships to address societal challenges.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: ASU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Note: A background check is required for employment at ASU. For more details, refer to ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report available online.