Program Manager Position in NCBS on Contract Basis, TIFR, Bangalore, India
Designation/Position- Program Manager Position
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore, invites applications for Program Manager Position from eligible and interested candidates.
About- NCBS is a premier research institute with all the necessary facilities that a research scientist may need. Research interests of our faculty members lie in the frontier areas of biology, and the science at NCBS (a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research ) uses experimental and computational approaches to study molecules, cells and organisms. We aim to understand biology at each of these levels to advance an integrated view of life processes. The talent and drive of our students and faculty members continues to show us the way to good science. Program Manager Position
Research/Job Area- Scientific or engineering discipline
Location- National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore
- PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline with relevance to neuroscience and/or non-invasive brain imaging.
- Significant prior administrative experience.
- Proven communication ability both written and oral.
- The ability to analyse, summarize and communicate information
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills.
- The initiative, enthusiasm and flexible approach to work
- A background in systems neuroscience, ultrasound imaging, or image analysis.
- Proficiency in data management.
- Prior experience working with Philanthropic donors
- Prior experience working at a Government organization
Age: 48 years as of 1st July 2023
The project for High-resolution Brain Imaging Through Skull using Ultrasound (HIBITSU) is a multi-institutional Team Science project awarded by the India Alliance of DBT and the Wellcome Trust. Participants include NCBS-TIFR, IIT-M, IISc, NIMHANS, and NCRA. This project is part of a broader Ultrasound Facility for TIFR and its Centres and is anchored at NCBS-TIFR, Bangalore. The goal of the project is to transform human and animal brain imaging for medical and research purposes, by developing new ultrasound techniques that can resolve brain structure and activity through the skull.
The HIBISTU project invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Program Manager on a fixed-term basis. The position is based at NCBS and is available immediately for a period of up to five years. Appointments will be for one year and renewable annually subject to the outcome of a performance assessment. Remuneration will be based on qualifications and accomplishments, subject to institutional guidelines.
The successful candidate will be expected to help in the management, facilitation, and monitoring of the activities of the HIBISTU project. The role requires the ability to work both independently and in teams, especially coordination and working between the teams at the participating institutions. In addition to these primary roles, the candidate may get the opportunity to participate in some of the research activities, depending on their skill set.
Key duties of the Program Manager will include:
- Project coordination, communication with scientists at the participating institutions
- Organizing meetings of the scientific advisory board, steering committee, and other administrative structures of HIBITSU.
- Assisting with organizing and curating scientific meetings relevant to HIBITSU.
- Working with administrative teams and other departments at NCBS as required for efficient management of the program, including (but not limited to):
- Monitoring project expenditure in coordination with the financial and administrative teams at NCBS and TIFR, as well as other participating institutions.
- Managing HR matters relating to project staff hired at NCBS, working with NCBS administration as required.
- Managing procurement matters for the project at NCBS, working with NCBS administration as required.
- Facilitating regulatory matters related to the HIBISTU.
- Coordinating with the NCBS Communications team as required for the program.
- Working across administrative teams at NCBS and other collaborating institutions as required, for example for managing seed grants and other initiatives.
- Assist with donor relations management, including organization of meetings, generation of project reports, and related documentation for the program.
- Outreach to external stakeholders on behalf of the program.
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time to assist with the work of the HIBITSU project.
Salary: Maximum of Rs.71,120/- per month.
The selection process will involve an interview with short-listed candidates.
How to Apply-
Please submit the following documents while applying:
- CV and sample of the previous digital communications- webinars, podcasts, videos- created [combine and upload in one PDF file]
- A strong statement of interests stating how they align with ours and why you will fit this position (~400 words) [upload under experience tab in PDF file]. At this point, we require no recommendation letters.
Note: Terms and conditions are under the discretion of the component authority.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT.”
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.