Designation/Position- SERB – POWER Research Grants
Science & Engineering Research Board, India invites application for SERB – POWER Research Grants from eligible and interested candidates
About- SERB – POWER (Promoting Opportunities For Women in Exploratory Research) program is formulated to mitigate gender disparity in science and engineering research funding in various S&T programs in Indian academic institutions and R&D Laboratories. SERB – POWER is specially designed to provide structured effort toward enhanced diversity in research to ensure equal access and weighted opportunities for Indian women scientists engaged in research and development activities.
Research/Job Area- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Applicants [Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-Principal Investigator(s)(Co-PI(s))] should be Indian citizens.
- The Applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India.
- Applicants from IITs, IISERs, IISc, NITs, Central Universities, and National Labs of Central Government Institutions will be considered under the Level I category, whereas applicants from State Universities/Colleges and Private Academic Institutions should apply under the Level II category.
- POWER Grant will be regulated through terms of reference confirming to SERB-CRG guidelines.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) constituted by the Board. If required, the applicants may be called for discussion/presentation.
- SERB POWER grant will be regulated through terms of reference conforming to SERB CRG guidelines except sharing of 50 % non-recurring cost by National Laboratories and Research Institutions.
- Woman scientists can not hold POWER Fellowship and POWER Grant at the same time.
- Faculties recruited through UGC-Faculty Recharge Program are eligible to apply. INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan and Ramalingaswamy Fellows are also eligible to apply provided they have at least three and half years of tenure remaining at the time of submission of application.
- Investigators who will be superannuating during the duration of the project or already superannuated are also eligible to apply. In such cases, a Woman Faculty/Scientist from the host institute who has at least 5 years of service remaining should be associated as a Co-PI. The host institution should allow the investigator to continue after superannuation and provide the required support towards the implementation of the project.
MECHANISMS OF SUPPORT
SERB would endeavor to create a funding framework for empowering women researchers in Science, Technology and Innovation(STI) under the following two categories:
This scheme aims to encourage emerging and eminent women researchers for individual-centric and competitive mode of research funding to undertake R&D activities in frontier areas of science and engineering. POWER Grants will empower women researchers by funding them under following two categories:
- Level I: The scale of funding upto 60 Lakhs for three years.
- Level II: The scale of funding upto 30 Lakhs for three years.
MECHANISMS OF IDENTIFICATION
The SERB-Core Research Grant(CRG) Platform will be used to identify and support women scientists under the POWER Research Grant component. Accordingly proposals will be received through two streams:
- Stream 1: Direct Applications for POWER Grant(Online).
- Stream 2: Applications sourced from CRG Scheme(All PACs).
Women Researchers who have applied in the current cycle but not secured the funding under CRG will be considered in Stream 2 at an appropriate level (Level I & II). Women scientists who have applied to CRG Scheme need not re-apply in any of the above streams.
GENERAL GUIDELINES– Women Scientists cannot hold POWER Fellowship and POWER Grant at the same time.
SERB POWER Research Grant – up to Rs 60 lakh for 3 years
How to Apply-
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicant(s) should first register on the online website click here to register
- After log-in, the applicant(s) are required to fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address, etc.
- If you have CO-PI in your proposal then ensure that all the CO-PI’s are also registered into the system following the same procedure.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads ) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical documents (OTD). Download Template