Designation/Position- SERB – POWER Research Grants
Science & Engineering Research Board, India invites applications for SERB – POWER Research Grants from eligible and interested candidates.
About- SERB – POWER (Promoting Opportunities For Women in Exploratory Research) program is formulated to mitigate gender disparity in science and engineering research funding in various S&T programs in Indian academic institutions and R&D Laboratories. SERB – POWER is designed to provide structured effort toward enhanced diversity in research to ensure equal access and weighted opportunities for Indian women scientists engaged in research and development activities.
Research/Job Area- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Submissions under SERB- POWER TRANSLATION GRANT can be made only by women PIs who hold or applied for a patent/IP from SERB supported project ( SERB should be acknowledged with project number in the IP).
- Male Co-PI is allowed in SERB POWER research grant project without any financial obligation.
- PI should be Indian citizens. Foreign nationals (including OCI and NRI) are also eligible to apply provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria notified by SERB (SERB Funding Guidelines for foreign nationals dated 27th Oct 2016).
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India with at least 4 years of service remaining.
- Private Academic institutions with valid UGC / AICTE / PCI approval, Private R&D Institutions with valid DSIR-SIRO recognition and Voluntary and Non- Governmental Organizations registered under NITI-AAYOG Darpan portal are eligible to host a project.
- The PI and Co-Investigator(s) should hold Ph.D. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or M.D / M.S. / M.D.S. / M.V.Sc degree at the time of applying for grant.
Objectives– The objective of SERB- POWER TRANSLATION GRANT is to build STI- enabled entrepreneurship competence in Indian women scientists.
- The funding will be provided for a period of two years without no further extension.
- The award will entail an unstructured budget up to 15 lakhs per year (without international travel), including overhead. An allocation of 3.75 Cr may be made for 2022-2023.
- Up to 25 grants per year are proposed.
- An applicant is eligible to apply only one proposal during a call (as a PI or Co-PI).
- Any proposal technically rejected should not be resubmitted without any substantial revision to any schemes or programs of the SERB.
- Not more than one project is allowed at any given time as a Principal Inventor under the program SERB- POWER TRANSLATION GRANT.
- The Call for applications will be notified through the website “www.serbonline.in” and “www.serb.gov.in”. The application form along with a proper research proposal highlighting the research work to be undertaken should be submitted online through the website “www.serbonline.in”.
- The proposals will be evaluated through a stringent peer-review processes by a suitable Programme Advisory Committee.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of Program Advisory Committee (PAC) constituted by the Board. If required, the applicants maybe called for discussion/ presentation.
How to Apply-
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicant should first register into the online website. click here to register.
- After successful registration, user will be sent a confirmation mail on registered emaiID. User must click on the url provided in the mail to confirm registration.
- After log-in, applicant(s) are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Details of Patent, Publications in last 5 years, Projects, Research Collaboration, Academic Supervision of all investigators (PI and all Co-Inventor’s) has to be provided.
- Some of the details of your proposed work like Title (max 500 characters), Patent summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Translation Methodology (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome (max 1500 characters), Innovation (max 1000 characters), Gap area (max 1000 characters) and Advantage of Prototype/ Product to be developed (max 1000 characters) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical document (OTD). Download Template
- Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format:
i. Biodata (under user profile section) Download Template
ii. Certificate from -> Principal Investigator/Inventor Download Template
iii. Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution Download Template
iv. Documents related to Technology Transfer from completed/ ongoing project
v. Support Letter if there is any tie-up with any Start-up or Industry
- Plagiarism undertaking Download Template