Designation/Position- Teaching Fellow at IIIT Delhi
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, India, invites applications for Teaching Fellow at IIIT Delhi from eligible and interested candidates.
About- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi, is a state university located in Delhi, India. It is research-oriented with a focus on Computer Science and allied areas. The institute began with its first batch of 60 B.Tech students in 2008. Teaching Fellow at IIIT Delhi
Research/Job Area- CSE & ECE
An applicant must have M.Tech degree from a reputed Institute/University in CSE with good academic record throughout. Preference will be given to the candidates with TA experience. It is best suited for those who are looking for teaching careers.
Desirable: PhD in relevant discipline.
Job Description: Teaching Fellow
|Teaching Fellow (CSE)
|No. of Positions Available
Works as a Co-Instructor for undergraduate courses (normally 2 per semester), involving taking tutorials and labs, helping students, managing TAs, preparing/conducting/grading exams and tests, etc, and course administration. The Fellow may also be the primary instructor in short duration or summer modules.
Duties and responsibilities
- To teach in tutorials, managing the tutorials and other Tutors/Teaching Assistants.
- To manage course related labs, Inventory required during the semester and performing the experiments.
- To conduct extra classes on the topics where students are facing difficulties.
- To conduct regular lectures, when the Instructor is on leave.
- Maintaining Office Hours to clarify course related doubts, out of class hours, tutorials etc.
- To assist Professor in making learning materials, assignments, answer keys and rubric for grading.
- To assist Professor in preparing exam question papers / Lab exam practical questions and conducting Quizzes, Mid Sem Exam, Final Exam and other exam and.
- To assist Professor in final semester grading, paper checking.
- To mentor and guide students in class-course projects. Assigning the rubric and grading the progress throughout the semester.
- To conduct Refresher Modules for M.Tech/BTech students in Summers.
- To provide extra support to weak students.
- The term of appointment will be for one year, which can be renewed after the first year based on performance. No extension will be given after two years.
- The monthly compensation to the candidate with M. Tech degree may be offered a starting salary of Rs 50,000/- per month with hostel accommodation (subject to availability) or Rs. 55,000 per month without hostel accommodation.
- The monthly compensation to the candidate with Ph.D. degree may be offered a starting salary of Rs. 60,000/- per month with hostel accommodation (subject to availability) or Rs. 65,000/- per month without hostel accommodation.
- Candidates with relevant experience may be offered a higher starting salary.
- The Institute gives top priority to the ongoing academic activities and does not promote leaving the offered position during an ongoing semester. To ensure this, a monthly deposit of Rs. 27,500/- from the salary of the first two months will be kept with the institute. This deposit will be paid on completion of the offered tenure.
How to Apply-
Interested candidates can submit their online application using the link: https://iiitd.ac.in/careers/tfpositions . The last date of receiving online applications is December 11, 2023.