Visiting Fellow Position in Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, India
Designation/Position- Visiting Fellow Position
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Mumbai, India invites application for Visiting Fellow Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is a National Centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), carrying out research and development in science, maths and technology education (STME). Faculty of HBCSE is responsible for the Ph.D. program in Science Education, and provide leadership to research, development and key impact programs such as Olympiads in Science and Mathematics, the National Initiative on Undergraduate Science, Vigyan Pratibha Student Talent Nurture Programme, and a range of In-service Teacher Professional Development Initiatives.
Research/Job Area- Chemistry
Location- Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Mumbai, India
The center is looking for competent and committed chemical scientists or teachers holding a Ph.D. degree or fresh Ph.D. candidates to contribute to its Chemistry Education programs such as the Chemistry Olympiad Program, National Initiative in Undergraduate Science, and Teacher Professional Development programs.
- The preferred age is below 35 years, relaxable for deserving candidates.
- HBCSE is a National Centre of TIFR carrying out science and mathematics education research from primary school up to undergraduate level.
- The applicant is expected to be interested in developing instructional material both in theoretical and experimental domains of chemistry and in their pedagogical and conceptual foundations.
- The person should also be willing to connect to the chemistry teachers’ community to engage them ineffective, research-based chemistry education practices and related R & D activities.
Selected candidates will be offered a Visiting Fellowship initially for one year, extendable by one more year.
The Fellowship carries an honorarium of Rs 47,000/- upwards p.m. plus HRA as applicable and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 40,000/- At the end of the fellowship outstanding candidates have a chance to be considered for absorption in the regular academic cadre of HBCSE.
How to Apply-
Please apply to enclose your bio-data and including the following specific details:
- Date of birth
- Academic record up to Master’s degree
- A one-page description of Ph.D. Work
- Awards and scholarships
- List of publications (with a brief note on the most significant publications)
- Experience in teaching and science popularization
- Names of three referees
- A comment on the state of chemistry education in the country and suggested improvements (In one
or two pages)
- A proposal for the project that you would like to take up at HBCSE (In one or two pages)
Applications can be sent via email — firstname.lastname@example.org
For Contact- The Dean, Faculty of Science Education, via email – email@example.com
Last Date for Apply– 14 February 2021
The last date for receiving applications is February 14, 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a seminar/ interview at HBCSE.