Designation/Position- Adjunct Faculty (Professor) Positions
RGPV, Bhopal, MP, India invites applications for Adjunct Faculty (Professor) Positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Indian technical education system is aiming to improve employability prospects and research quality by involving experts, professionals, and researchers from diverse fields. The objectives include developing collaboration between institutions and industry, attracting distinguished individuals with expertise in science, engineering, and technology, promoting interaction between skilled professionals and learners, enabling access to eminent teachers and researchers, and recognizing the skills of professionals in their respective areas of excellence.
- Engineering and Technology
- Humanities, Mathematics and Basic Sciences
- Sports (Director)
Location- RGPV, Bhopal, MP, India
Candidate for adjunct faculty should satisfy the following norms:-
- For Conventional Higher Technical Education Courses:
- Should have the minimum qualifications of Professor as prescribed in the regulations framed by RGPV / AICTE from time to time (Annexure I).
- A person of eminence with or without a postgraduate or Ph.D. qualifications.
- For Skill based Courses:
i) Should be an accomplished professional / expert in his chosen field of discipline and may not necessarily possess qualifications prescribed under
RGPV/ AICTE regulations from time to time. OR ii) Should be a certified professional, for teaching and training on National Occupational Standards under NSQF, by the Sector Skills Council for teaching respective trade / job role. OR
iii) Must be from Industry having 10-15 years of experiences in his/her field.
c) Age limit:
Shall be less than 70 years of age.
In addition to the above, it is expected that the adjunct faculty in both the above streams would be an accomplished scholar in their area of specialization and their association would add value to the academic programmes they are associated with.
|Engineering and Technology
|BE/B.Tech & ME/ M.Tech in relevant branch with 1st class or equivalent either in BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech. Post Ph.D. publications and guiding Ph.D. students is highly desirable.
|Minimum of 10 years teaching/ research /industrial experience of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Associate professor.
Or Minimum of 13 years experience in teaching and / or Research and /or Industry. In case of research experience, good academic record and books/ research paper publications /IPR/ patents record shall be required as deemed fit by the expert members of the selection committee.
If the experience in industry is considered, the same shall be at managerial level equivalent to Associate Professor with active participation record in devising/ designing, planning, executing, analyzing, quality control, innovating, training, technical books/research paper publications / IPR/ patents, etc., as deemed fit by the expert members of the Selection committee.
- Target Groups:
Professionals, experts, officials and managers having experience of working in:
- Teaching and research organizations supported by bodies like ICAR, ICSSR, CSIR, ICMR, DRDO, Central and State Universities, etc.
- Central and state public sector undertakings (PSUs), business corporations, NGOs and professional associations.
- Civil servants (IAS / IPS / officials from Central and Provincial Services) and professionals & officials from professional councils and statutory bodies like UGC and AICTE, both serving and retired.Skill training providers recognized by National Skills Development Corporation and /or Sector Skill Councils in their respective areas for skilled education and training.NRIs and PIOs working with overseas academic, research and business organizations or having a demonstrated interest in Indian issues.
- Skilled professionals working in organized and unorganized sectors known for their hands-on skilling techniques and expertise.
Adjunct Faculty will be appointed by the competent authority based on the recommendation of a committee. Period of empanelment will vary from 06 months to 03 years as decided by the Institution on mutually agreed terms and conditions. It is expected that any application for adjunct faculty is first discussed at the department/ school level. The department/ school may forward the application with comments specifying the suitability of such candidate(s) in the department / school level academic activities. If it recommends a case for adjunct faculty, the same should be examined by a committee comprising.
He/ she will be provided an honorarium of Rs. 1500/- (Rs. One Thousand Five Hundred Only) per lecture to a maximum of Rs. 6000/- (Rs. Six Thousand Only) per day of service subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rs. One Lakh Only) per month. The Adjunct Faculty will work at the host institution for a minimum of 02 days per visit.
- To develop a useful and viable collaboration between institutions and industry and enhancing quality of education and skills by involvement of academicians, scholars, practitioners, policymakers and skilled professionals in teaching, training, research and related services on regular basis.To attract distinguished individuals who have excelled in their field of specialization in science, engineering and technology to enrich the overall learning processes by bringing external perspectives to regular teaching. Such interactions are expected to foster trans-disciplinary approach and synergize the outside ‘real world’ experience with the inside intellectual pursuits in the university.
- To promote the interaction of skilled professionals with the learners and facilitate the imparting of industry relevant standards in skills, acceptable nationally, which could fulfill the need for skilled workforce and also to undertake R&D in the areas related to skill education & development, entrepreneurship and employability, etc.
- To enable access of the eminent teachers and researchers who have completed their formal association with the university/college, to participate in teaching, to collaborate and to stimulate research activities for quality research at Ph. D. levels; and to play mentoring and inspirational role.
- To recognize the skills of professionals in their respective areas of excellence irrespective of their academic qualifications to impart training to the learners of skill based vocational courses in the University.
How to Apply-
This Application has two parts.
Part A is to be filled in by the Visitor and sent to in the form of email to
email@example.com and one hard copy to The Director, RGPV R & D Cell, RGPV, Bhopal. Part B is to be filled in by the Concerned Host Department/ School.
Then both Parts of the application are to be forwarded to the Dean of the Concerned Faculty.