Designation/Position- CAIRD Award
CSIR, India invites application for CAIRD Award from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Award will recognize those outstanding S&T innovations that have helped transform the lives of the rural people or alleviated the drudgery of the rural people or have helped in generation of employment. Successful S&T innovations that are implemented at the ground level thus will be considered. The innovation applied for, should simultaneously have also broaden interactions among academic, R&D and rural financial institutions, industry and commercial sectors, and rural people and provide newer vehicles for participatory development.
CAIRD Award: CSIR Award for S&T
- The CSIR Award will recognize those outstanding S&T innovations that have helped transform the lives of rural people.
- The award consists of a prize of Rs. 10 Lakh, a citation, and a plaque.
- The application for the award could be made in response to the Advertisement issued by CSIR which will also be available at CSIR website http://www.csir.res.in.
- Application Proforma is provided in the Annexure.
Any India Team, or an organization, or a company registered in India will be eligible to apply.
- Selection Criteria:
The technological innovation should have:
- Created a paradigm shift in standards of quality of life or alleviated the drudgery of the rural people;
- Demonstrated competitive advantage and positive user response;
- Helped in generation of rural employment in the country; and
- Show a new way of conducting business to achieve social and economic transformation in the domain of rural development.
For selecting the awardee, a two-tier selection process will be adopted. The initial screening, to shortlist the qualifying applicant out of the total application received, will be done by a committee of eminent experts representing diverse disciplines. The Committee will be chaired by an eminent rural development expert/ social scientist/ technologist/ member of the CSIR GB. The shortlisted applicants will be considered by a high-level expert committee chaired by an eminent rural development expert/ social scientist/ technologist/ Chairman of CSIR Advisory Board.
The Award is normally presented along with the CSIR Diamond Jubilee Technology Award and Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Prizes.
This annual award consists of a prize of Rs. 10 Lakh, a citation and a plaque.
How to Apply-
The application for the Award could be made in response to the Advertisement issued by CSIR which will also be available at CSIR website http://www.csir.res.in.The format of the application is provided in the Annexure. The application should be sent in the plain paper through secured means to:
Technology Management Directorate-Socio-Economic Ministry Interface
Vigyan Suchna Bhawan, 3rd Floor,
14, Satsang Vihar Marg,
Special Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110067 India